iv. potion disasters

· 。゚☆: *.
COUNTING STARS 
»»————- act one. young, wild & free
FOUR━━ potion disasters

 young, wild & freeFOUR━━ potion disasters

ᵒ .༄ ࿐ ࿔* ✨🌙💫
♯ ❝NO, SHE JUST LOOKED READY
TO COMMIT MURDER ❞
⋆⋅ ━━━━ ‧ ༻✩༺ ‧ ━━━━ ⋅⋆

ANNABELLE ROSE HAD ALWAYS BEEN PARTICULARLY FOND OF COLD WEATHER, SOMETHING ABOUT THE FREEZING WINDS AND SNOWFALL HAD MANAGED TO ENREPTURE the girl when she was a mere child staring through the window as autumn turned into winter. She had managed to get a couple more colds out of it than necessary, but playing in the snow had been pure joy for the girl. Especially when her parents would join her, making a snowman or having a snowball fight. Which mainly turned nasty rather quick when the competitive nature of her father came into play.

She had also inherited that trait—which fuelled her to become the best of the best. At what? She wasn't sure yet, but she knew she wanted to do something meaningful with her life. Finding out what that could be was a whole other story.

What she did know was that anything related to Potions was out of the question. And as she listened to Slughorn rattle on about antidotes, almost dozing off from boredom, Lily nudged her forcefully in her side.

"Pay attention." Lily hissed under her breath, green eyes still focusing on Slughorn as he held up a vial  in the air for the students to see.

"Now I am going to pair you all up," Slughorn started as he went to stand behind his desk, rearranging a stack of parchment. "You will be brewing the wit-sharpening potion, which can act as an antidote to...?"

Immediately both Lily Evans and Severus Snape held their hands up high.

"Miss Evans?"

"The wit-sharpening potions helps the drinker think more clearly, so with that in mind it can act as an antidote for the Confundus Charm." Lily explained perfectly.

"That is correct. 5 points to Gryffindor." Slughorn awarded the redhead with a large smile on his face before turning towards the chalkboard to write down the page number of their book.

"Now let's pair you all up." Slughorn clapped his hands together excitedly, but Annabelle didn't share the same enthusiasm as her thoughts had already drifted off again.

"Miss Rose?" Annabelle blinked, sitting up straight as she looked up to see the Potion master look at her quizzically. "You should go sit next to your partner."

"Yes of course." Annabelle stood up, gathering her supplies, "I will go sit next to--erh."

"Mister Black."