«chapter forty: a dance battle»

___________________

___________________

CATGIRL'S POV

"This isn't fair!" Wally shouts.

I found some rope while I was chasing him and now he is tied up on the floor.

"You locked me in a room and tried to make me jealous. You are lucky." I say sitting down beside him.

"So, are we cool now?" He asks, wiggling around.

"I guess." I take off my mask because it is slick from the water and lean back against the wall.

"Did you see where they went?" I hear Artemis ask.

"Over here." I hear Nightwing call out. He walks into the hallway we are in, looks down at me without my mask, and smiles. Then he looks at Wally and chuckles.

"Dude," Wally says with pleading eyes.

"Sorry, you did it."

Artemis comes in with Conner and M'gann. "Well, we know who won."

"Babe!" He pouts.

"Cry-baby." I scoff.

He looks at me, then whispers to them, "Don't be fooled by the eyes, she is a demon." They all look at me with amused faces.

"What? Me a demon? No!" I say looking around.

"I think Red Robin would agree that you aren't the demon," Nightwing smirks.

"What is happening here?" Aqualad asks, very confused as he walks in.

I would be too. Two of us are on the floor, one tied up. The others, who are older, are just watching.

I point at Wally, "He locked me in a room with Nightwing."

"So you tied him up." He says, understanding what's happening and he doesn't even seem mad.

"Yep." I shrug. What else could I say?

"And you and Nightwing are dripping wet because...." He trails off.

"They forgave each other in the rain, and then-" Artemis kicks Wally in the arm. "Ouch. Then she came in and tied me up! Crazy right?" He saves himself.

"No, you are lucky," I say. "I could have broken your legs." His face gets a little white. "I am kidding. Nightwing told me I couldn't kill you before we came in here." I mutter the last line and cough.

"Hey, everybody! Why are we in a hallway?" Blue Beetle and Impulse walk in. "Hey, who is that?" Impulse points to me.

"I told you the eyes would trick you." Wally shakes his head.