Part 15

Marie POV:

I could feel the wind in my fur as I trotted but according to Ryan for him it was more like full speed. So I took it as a compliment. I could smell Nicolette drawing closer to me.

'So are you having fun!' I asked her with a grin.

'Definitely, this is the most fun I've had all summer! And it's even better now that we can do this sort of stuff together now.' She said happy.

Ryan then appeared on my right side at the same pace. He is just full of surprises.

'I find it even more surprising that you are bigger than Nicolette. I mean lycans are bigger than wolves.' Lilly said.

'Well I mean mom did say that when we get back from the run that she had something very important to tell me.' I said.

'Maybe it has to do with how we are like we are.' Lilly said.

At this point we all had turned around and started to head back. We were almost back when I saw my mom waiting for me and we all stopped. I walked up to her and nuzzled her and she licked my face. She looked over to Nicolette and smiled at her and then Nicolette bowed her head.

'You can all go back to the lodge now.' She said and they all started to go back.

After everyone had headed back to the lodge my mom led us a little further into the forest. And then she finally stopped about an hour after walking. I realized it was where I had shifted for the first time.

'Okay lets all shift back.' My mom said and we did but i was met with a harsh cold wind and I looked to see that I was in my bikini. I looked to my mom who was in normal attire.

"Marie there is shorts and a shirt over there for you to but don't change yet." She said.

"I know it sounds weird but I need you to swim to the bottom and get this." My mom said as she pulled a drawing out of her pocket and showed me what it was a drawing of a tiny gem.

"Why is it in the pond and why do you need it?" I asked her confused.

"Well while I was fleeing with you I had stopped here and took of my necklace which you have now." She said pointing to my necklace. 

"And this tiny gem was in the middle of that necklace right here." She said as she showed me the tiny hole of where the gem was supposed to be.

"I had removed it because it is what made the necklace magic which amplifies your magic. Which is what the rouges where attracted to not just you." She said.

"What do you mean they were attracted to me? I mean the necklace I understand." I asked a little scared.

"Well I mean I was a runt given power to shift from the Moon Goddess. And when she gave me that power she gave me a piece of herself and her magic. It made me the strongest wolf and as strong as a lycan. That is why when I was the wolf we are I wasn't being searched for. The gem was given from the Goddess as well." She said.

"Okay but I don't see how I was targeted." I said. I was interested in why the Moon Goddess gave my mom so much power instead of just making her a normal wolf.

"Because when you were born you weren't a runt like me. You were already as powerful as your father and you were only a baby." She said and her eyes started to tear up and I started to tear up to.

"And as a wolf gets older there power grows even stronger and never stops until you are dead. But wolves aren't born with magic nor can they ever obtain it unless it is given or they were a first generation born or second and so on." She said.

"I still can't follow what you are saying." I said as I tried to hold back tears.

"I wasn't born with magic, it was given to me. But you, you were born with it which makes you a first generation of breed. When you were born, the magic given to me by the Goddess had grown ten times more......" My mom said but then stopped and looked down.

"Making you just as powerful as the Goddess herself." My mom said looking up with tears rolling down her cheeks and she had a smile on her face.

"Wha-...what do you mean just as powerful as her?" I said taken back.

"Exactly that. You are equal in power to her." She said wiping her tears.

"Does that mean that I am a Moon Goddess second generation?" I asked still taken back.

"No you are not a Moon Goddess nor are you related you are just very gifted." She said in a duh tone.

'Your not that special Marie just chill a bit.' Lilly said scolding me.

"The rouges that attacked the night you were born weren't rouge wolfs. They were rouge lycans lead by a rouge lycan who calls himself The King. And he could sense a power enter this world that could defeat him even destroy him and he wanted that power which was you. He sent his rouges to our pack and they killed everyone trying to find you but I had fled with you. And you can pretty much piece it all together from there." My mom said as she took my hand and led me to the pond.

"There is a war coming Marie. A big one. A war between wolves and lycans and you need to be ready because there is no avoiding it. You need that gem to help you learn your abilities. That is why you need to get that gem that is why I left you with my sister." She said and I nodded my head understanding the situation.

I looked to the pond trying to spot the gem. It took me a few minutes before I heard a women's voice whispering to me where to look and then I found it.