nine

Jungkook p.o.v

Tell me,
--

Six months ago;

"Tae! I'm home!" I bellowed.

I trudged through the front entrance and kicked off my boots, hands quickly hanging up my winter coat.

Man, Taehyung is going to be laughing his ass off after I tell him about the strange customer I had today. Each day, I'd come home and tell him of the bizarre things my customers did or asked for. 

I ran into the living room to find him hunched over his phone, smiling.

Unlike he'd do every day, standing up to give me a hug, he looked up and sighed.

I walked over to him and hugged him, scent of roses from his hair, enveloping me with sweetness.

"Ahh, I'm so tired, Tae." I peeked at his phone and saw he was texting Hoseok again.

"Tae. . .Tae!" He jerked his head up and I frowned.

Why's he so tense? He's not letting me melt into his touch.

"Jungkook, you know I hate it when you call me Tae. Taehyung is better." He muttered.

"But you let Hoseok call you that," I pouted.

I nuzzled deeper into his neck and inhaled his scent. His brown hair in stark to the snow falling outside the window. Pretty Taehyung who made me forget my worries and accepted me for who I was.

"Jungkook." His deep voice spoke.

I ignored him and hugged him tighter. Couldn't he just cuddle with me? I was craving some hot chocolate in this cold afterno--

"Jungkook."

I pulled back at his stern voice.

"You know I'd never hate you, right?" His empty eyes hit me with such a foreign stab and I wanted to recoil away from the discomfort.

Something was off.

I nodded.

He stood up only to sit back down, but on the other side of the couch this time.

"Jungkook, I am sorry. But no more of this."

What?

"You're really sweet and I've come to really appreciate you, but I don't love you."

He stared dead into my eyes.

"I never did."

Tears sprung into my eyes, but I blinked them away.

"Taehyung, if this is some kind of jo--"

"I love Hoseok."

I felt as if my bones turned to jelly and my breath hitched.

But he continued.

"I only dated you so I could get closer to him. I-I'm sorry, but I never loved you."

My throat felt as if it was being gripped and my heart being ripped. Tears streamed down my cheeks and I didn't have the strength to wipe them away.

"B-but you promised me. .you, you fucking said you'd never leave me!"

He looked down at his hands. Those hands and those long, slim fingers that once wiped away my tears and brushed back my hair.

But those were all acts, acts of using me.

I suddenly realised that I wasn't welcome here anymore. Without looking at him, I ran out with my boots in my hands.

And I ran and ran in the snow, dressed in just a sweater, leaving my coat there, with my socked feet hitting the wet pavement.