Chapter 1

So here is the first chapter of my new story Caliginous. This story is going to have dark themes in it, Louis IS working at an asylum and the twins are IN one so dark things are meant to come. Also the twins have mental disorders so if you're uncomfortable with that then please don't read. There will also be smut to come so be aware of that.

Love,
Lizzy ❤️

Chapter 1

Louis was aching to reach into his back pocket and pull out the pack of cigarettes that were hidden there. He needed a cigarette soon or he was going to explode from the lack of his buzz of nicotine that was quickly getting lesser and lesser with every passing second that he sat in that seat. The damn plane that Louis was flying on had a strict "no smoking" policy which was hell for someone like Louis.

See Louis can't live without having a cigarette about every twenty minutes, it was a completely unhealthy lifestyle, but it helped him relieve a lot of the pent up stress he carries in his life. Louis' mind was going completely insane without having the glorious unhealthy smoke that would consume his lungs in the best way possible.

He couldn't stop fidgeting in the airplane seat, the reason having nothing to do with how uncomfortable the fabric that the seat was made out of actually was. Louis swears that if he doesn't get to smoke a cigarette soon he's going to explode into a million pieces and the rest of the passengers on the plane are going to have little bits of him all over them.

It's been two whole hours since Louis was put onto this horrendous flying death trap. This plane was taking him away from the only town he's ever known his whole entire life. It was a little town named Doncaster, that he really did love with all of his heart, but he needed to leave his mother alone with her younger children and get out onto his own two feet as an adult. After all, he was a man now and should be out of his parents' house and living on his own. So, that's why he ended up on this damn plane on the way to the small town that was named Woodpine.

Louis had managed to snag a decent paying job in this small town of Woodpine. Him being one of the best psychologist students in his college class at the university back in his hometown, gave him a lot of options on where he could possibly go to work his very first case.

Louis decision to settle on the small town of Woodpine was hard and very thought through. He had gotten offers to work in different towns as well as this one, but what made this town stick out so much is that the nuns that run the asylum in Woodpine had seemed excessively desperate to have him, a certified psychologist, come and diagnose their two hardest patients, the Styles twins. Something in the middle of the male's gut told him that this town was the perfect choice for him, he didn't know why he got that certain feeling, but he decided to go along with it which left him where he was now.

Louis hadn't been given very much information on these two mysterious new patients of his, but he figured that he would be told a little more about the hard-headed set of twins as soon as he settled into his new town and finally was able to meet his lovely new boss at the asylum he knows will soon be taking up most of his time, free or otherwise.

The plane suddenly starts to float closer and closer to the solid ground, gradually growing closer to the lit runway of the airport. Louis looks out the airplane window that was to his right, out at the unfamiliar town that they were landing in. The sight wasn't what Louis was expecting to see, the buildings and streets looked gloomier then how he saw them on the website he had used to do research on the town he was planning on moving into. The whole place seemed to have this strange sort of fog hovering around it and an eerie feeling that Louis could feel floating through the air from even inside of the airplane. Louis could only imagine how depressing the place looked and felt from the outside.