Lust Confusion

Valex stood and moved toward Suna placing a hand on her back, his heat was the only warmth on her body.

‘Are you okay?’

‘The better question is how you are?’ her eyes scanned up and down his toned body. Her lip had found its way under her teeth. Valex raised a questioning eyebrow at Suna’s unexpected gesture.

‘I’m fine,’ His eyes moved down to her lips, she bit it hard. He took a step toward her and her breath caught in her throat. She craned her neck to look up into his dark brown eyes and for a moment she thought she saw lust. She looked up at the man that was well over a foot taller than her and released her lip. It thumped were she had bit it.

A strand of hair fell in front of her eyes and he raised a hand slowly, moving the hair out of the way. His fingers brushed her cheek as he moved the hair behind her ear, her eyes fluttered. Valex’s contact sent her body into confusing goose-bumps. Why was he being so kind? What were these feelings?

He took another step toward her and she shuffled back, she was now against the wall and he was directly in front of her, she could smell his musky, sweet scent. It was a calming scent and she suddenly became worried if she smelt bad. She didn’t get to wash properly when she was in the bathroom. But when Valex smiled at her, teeth showing, dimples popping, her brain stopped.

She wanted to feel his touch and for a moment she almost let herself lose control and fall into his arms. She would of loved to caress his face and slide her hands up his broad back and kiss his full lips but she wouldn’t. She couldn’t. She shouldn’t be thinking like this.

The air around them was thickly laced in lust and tension; he moved his hand to her chin and tilted her chin up in line with his. He must have scented the uncertainty in her movements because he licked his bottom lip and moved away.

Valex turned away and raked his fingers through his hair looking at the ground. For a moment Suna thought she had upset him but when he turned and looked at her, the look in his eyes was something else. Something new, something she didn’t know. It confused her.

She realised she was still holding her breath and let out a small sigh followed by a gasp for air. He watched her a moment longer before he fiddled with his fingers and went to collect the letter the ‘boy’ had brought them.

Suna moved away from the wall and perched on the edge of the bed, she could feel her heart beating in her ears. She couldn’t understand why her heart was beating so hard, these feelings were alien to her and she wasn’t sure if she liked them or not. No, she didn’t. They were dangerous, they could ruin everything. She decided to ignore all the new feelings that made her yearn for Valex and concentrate on the execution.

Picking up the scrunched up map she began to re- assess the situation they were in. She heard a small grunt come from Valex’s way and shifted her eyes to see him, without moving her head.

‘Suna,’ She could feel his eyes on her and flicked the map up, straightening it more.

‘Mmm?’

‘Who’s Master Shen?’ Suna’s neck could have snapped with how fast she turned her head to look at Valex. She jumped from her spot and charged over to him.

‘Give me that.’ She snatched it out of his hands, Valex pulled his hand away in a polite retreat and peeked over her shoulder, she had turned away and was reading the mail quickly. ‘Oh my god,’ A hand covered her mouth and she moved to the bed again.

‘What?’ Valex asked ‘What’s wrong?’

Suna just shook her head in response, she was unable to say the words she just read. She shook her head again and re-read the letter, turning it over then shaking the envelope.

She looked like she was looking for more. Something else. Something different.

‘Please, tell me this is a joke?’ Suna’s eyes flicked to Valex’s neutral face. He just shook his head.

‘Oh god,’ Suna placed the letter back in the envelope then sighed, running her fingers through her long black hair, pulling it over one shoulder.

‘What’s going on?’

‘My clan is going to declare war,’ She said simply as she ran her fingers through a knot, ‘They are going to attack in a month’s time.’

‘What?’ Valex raised an eyebrow, ‘they won’t be able to get through the walls,’

‘Yes they will,’

‘Oh? How?’ Valex crossed his arms.

‘We are going to let them in.’ Suna smiled at the look Valex gave her.

‘Suna, are you crazy?’

‘I must be,’ She laughed, ‘I mean, I am going under cover anyway, why not make it even more interesting and figure out a way to sneak 70 assassins in the base as well?’

Valex’s face dropped as she laughed, how could she be so calm? What was wrong with this girl?

Suna looked at him through her fits of laughter, why is he so worried? Clearly he doesn’t know who his allies are, well he will soon find out what The Shadow Clan’s highest members are made of. The Shade is about to come out to play.

Valex had never seen such a devilish grin cross Suna’s face before. Clearly there was something she knew that he didn’t; he had a feeling, that whatever it was, it was going to end very interestingly.