Chapter 30

Guess where I'm at right now??? NEWWW YORRRKK CITTTYYYY! I'M HOME BABIES I'M HOME!

Sorry I haven't been uploading lately. I've been catching up with some old friends ((:

Anyways...idk what else to say right now because it's 3:00 in the morning right now and I'm about to drop dead.

Enjoy guys!

Chapter 30

Alessio grabbed Ashley's records and headed off to her room. He didn't know what he would say to her when he get there. All he knew was he had to end anything that was going on between them. She was his patient and the only relationship they have should be one of a patient and doctor.

A professional relationship.

From now on, he would address her as Ms. Valldarri. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Nothing will ever happen between the two of them. Both of them had enough on their plates. How could they ever love each other when some many things had happened?

Alessio didn't know how much it would take before both of them falls. He didn't know if he would be able to love her the way she deserved to be loved. He didn't know if she would accept the person he was, the person he had to become.

One thing Alessio knew for sure though.

He would never stop protecting her.

"Dr. Morcelli, may I talk to you for a second?"

The voice was familiar but he hadn't heard it in over five years. Alessio stopped and turned around. He gripped the clipboard tighter in his hands.

"Xavier." he said with a nod.

Xavier Angelo Morcelli, the twenty-six year old bachelor who is his cousin from his father's side.

The last time Alessio saw Xavier had been at Sophia's wedding. It was the last day that he saw anyone from his family.

Xavier leaned against the wall, arms crossed against his chest. "It's been a long time hasn't it?"

"Five years." Alessio responded.

Xavier moved away from the wall and towards him. "Do you have time to talk?"

"No," Alessio said coldly, "I have to check on my patient."

"It won't take long. Three minutes of your time is all I'm asking for." Xavier said raising his eyebrows up.

Alessio looked at him with no emotion on his face. "I said no." He turned around and began to walk away.

"I know who killed Sophia and Matteo."

Alessio stopped. His hands curled into a fist, turning his knuckles white. His nails dug into his skin and his breathing became ragged. He turned around. His eyes burned with fury. "Talk."

Xavier looked around and nodded his head. "Is there a place where we can talk in private?"

Alessio pulled him into the elevator and closed the door. He pressed a button, locking the doors, and turned towards Xavier. His hands reached out and grabbed onto Xavier's collar. "Talk. Now."

Xavier didn't seem fazed. He merely took off Alessio's hand and readjusted his shirt. "The De Luca family."

Alessio's body stiffened upon hearing the name. A picture came onto his mind. The image of the man standing over his sister while she sobbed over her dead husband. The man shot her while she mourned for the lost of her soul mate.