eighteen

I've spent a month selling my paintings. Allie encouraged me to sell more. Since she's been working a lot, we've been unable to spend a lot of time together. It's a lot of phone calls at night and maybe breakfast together if we're lucky.

But the bad days have grown more extensive. They've gotten so much worse. Pain grows all through my leg and I have to spend hours by myself again, dealing with the worst.

But what kept me going was the hope I've spent trying to see Allie. I've developed deep feelings for her. It makes me nervous to think that there is a possibility she may not feel the same as me, but I can't think that way. Optimism has grown in me since I've met Allie, and that's what I need to feel better through my bad days.

So I've spent the past two months practically without seeing Allie. I've grown accustomed to having nights together, but now I just wake up to nightmares that scare the hell out of me.

And now, I'm walking up to her apartment and finally getting a night with her. I knock on the door and wait, but it takes a while before she answers the door. Allie stands, sweats on her body and her nose red from blowing it.

"I-I'm sorry," she rasps out. "I've got the flu."

My heart swells just looking at her and I walk in, removing my jacket. "Then it looks like I gotta take care of you."

A shy smile creeps on her face and I kiss her cheek. I take her hand and lead her to her couch, having her sit. I put a blanket over her and tell her I'll be right back. I rush to her bathroom, grabbing tissues and the waste basket, then go back out to her.

"Now, you want a movie night?" I ask, her head nodding. I start setting up the DVD player for Netflix and I get her some water, the two of us sitting together on the couch. She leans closer and I wrap my arm around her shoulders, her head resting on my shoulder. 

"I wanted to go out," she mumbles, my lips curving. I kiss her hair.

"I'd much rather you rest to get healthy, then push it by going out," I tell her, her head looking up at me.

"See, you go and say these things and make me wanna kiss you but I can't," she groans, my forehead resting on hers.

"Pucker up," I say, her lips doing so. I quickly peck her and she laughs, my arm pulling closer.

"If you get sick, I'm sorry but not sorry all at the same time," she rasps out, making me laugh.

"I think I can handle it, baby," I tell her, making Allie curl closer to me.

We watch the movie and I help her with whatever she needs, her eyes rimmed with purple circles.

"I wanna lay down," she says, my head nodding. "But I wanna lay on you."

I smile and stand up, helping her up too. Then I lie down and she moves onto me, carefully situating herself to get comfortable. Then I wrap her in my arms and kiss the top of her head, her eyes closing. Then she sets her hand against my pectoral and I grab it, holding her hand while my other is on her waist.

"Thank you, Harry," she whispers, my arm squeezing her close.

"Anytime baby," I tell her, her lips releasing a sigh. She starts to fall asleep and rest my head back, falling asleep as well.

I wake up in the middle of the night, finding Allie not on me anymore. She stands in the kitchen and I get up, walking over to her. My knee is in a little pain and I manage to get to her without much problem, her body turning to look at me.

"Hungry?" I smile, her hand holding a bag of chips. She nods, her mouth full, and I grab her cheek to kiss her forehead. I then lift her onto the counter and I stand between her legs, her eyes wide with not a look of sleep.

I start to kiss her neck just to get her to laugh and I smile against her skin when she does. "You need to sleep," I whisper, her head shaking. She wraps her arm around my neck and I hug her body close.

"I think my aspirin has caffeine in it, if I'm being completely honest," she says, sticking another chip in her mouth. I just shake my head, smiling at the beautiful girl. She may be sick but she's still beautiful in every way.

"Come on," I say, setting the chips down. "Let's brush teeth and get to bed."

She lifts her arms and I lift her up, carrying her like a child but I honestly love it. Allie is holding me close and I love the feeling.

We get to her bathroom and I sit her on the counter, setting up her toothbrush. I grab the one she deemed mine and put toothpaste on both, the two of us brushing our teeth. When all brushed, she grabs my chin and kisses me.

"That's what I really wanted," she grins, my lips curving.

"Okay, sicko," I say, making her laugh. "You need to sleep."

She clings onto me and we go lay on her bed, my hands wrapping her in blankets. As Allie relaxes, I keep her close and watch her as she falls asleep. Then I fall asleep as well, keeping her close.

The morning comes and I move Allie over onto the bed, making sure she stays asleep. Then I make my way into the kitchen, starting to get her breakfast. I get her yogurt and orange juice, but I hear her footsteps come into the kitchen. I turn to look at her, her sweater sleeves pulled over her fists and her hair now in a bun.

I open my arms and she lifts hers to wrap around my neck. I kiss her hair and smile, the little thing not letting me go when I try to continue making her breakfast.

"You feeling better?" I ask, her head nodding.

"You're the best medicine," she whispers, lifting her head and looking up at me.

"I could say the same to you," I remark, her smile growing. Her hand lifts and she brushes my hair back, leaning up. Then I lean down, kissing her. I don't care if I could get sick, because I miss kissing my girl.

"It's on you if you get sick," she whispers, my shoulders shrugging.

"Missed you too much to care," I smile, her lips curving before we meet for another kiss.

~*~*~*~*~

Hey Loves!

Please VOTE COMMENT and SHARE!!!

Much Love! <3 xoxo