She had one single tear that fell

Christie's pov

So, we were there and we were sat in the room where the doctor was explaining everything to us. He told me that I wasn't allowed any personal things for the first two weeks and I wasn't happy about that. I think I hid my fears about that pretty well, but on the inside, I was screaming.

'Well, I think that's it from me. Is there anything else you would like to discuss?' said the doctor. 

'No' we all said at the same time.

'Thank you doctor. You have been a great help' said my mum as she smiled.

He drifted out the door and literally five seconds after, a female nurse came in. She was brown haired, tall and very skinny. She looked at me, then my mum, then Lana and then my dad and gave us a sympthetic smile. 

'Righ then you. Can you come with me?' she said as she held her hand out.

'W-where are we going?' I said as I took her hand. I felt an instant connection with her. She took me into a separate room away from my family.

'Right, I need to check you for any fresh wounds. I know you have severe fresh ones on your arm but obviously I won't count them in because we know about those' she said.

'Yeah but why do you need to do this?' I said as I rejected myself away from her.

'It's to keep record. We need to keep track of any injuries on a patient. It's just protocol. No one likes it honey, trust me' she said as she took my hand.

I rolled up my sleeves to show her.

'Oh no sweetie, I'll need you to take your t-shirt off to check your back, shoulders and stomach' she said.

'For goodness' sake' I muttered under my breath.

So I did it. I didn't show I was embarrassed because I just wanted to get it over and done with. I had to take off my trousers too so she could check my thighs and calves. I had no fresh cuts or bruises, just scars. Running out of the door and escaping the place crossed my mind many times but I didn't do it. She kept smiling at me, so I think she was trying to reassure me, but it didn't work.

'Are we done yet?' I said, getting slightly annoyed. 

'Almost sweetie, you're doing really well' she said, in her annoying attempt to comfort me. 

'Stop saying that' I said, getting more angry.

I was just done with all the sympathetic comments from everyone. She looked down and just raised her eyebrows. It was clear all this 'empathy' she was expressing was all for show because of the professional position she was in. 

'There we are. All done' she said bluntly.

'Okay, thank you' I said, with a sort of cold and fed up voice. 

I made my way out of the door to go to the other from where everyone else was. I saw the visiting rooms as I walked to the room and I hated the fact that you had scheduled times to see your family. I really didn't want to stay but I knew it would be good for me and my family. I classed Lana as my family because since the day she came to Bristol to stay with us, I had seen her every single day. I was also sad that I wasn't going to be able to do that for three months. I got to the door and opened it. As I was opening it, I felt strange, like something wasn't right. I looked in the room and they were gone. My mum, my dad and Lana had gone and I didn't even get to say goodbye. 

'No, no, no. Why did they do that?' I screamed as I cried.

I looked behind me to try and find them but there were to men standing there. I started to panic and breathe heavy. It felt like a horrible nightmare. I made a quick move and headed towards the entrance door. The two men each held an arm but I managed to force them off. I think I was able to do that because they weren't expecting me to try and run off. I ran outside the door where I saw them. The men got my arms again but I didn't resist them. I just let them hold me back. I was having a panic attack and I was crying uncontrollably. They were nearly at the car and they heard my screaming. My parents didn't turn round but Lana did. She looked at me dead in the eye and it gave me chills. She had one single tear that fell.