Chapter Fifteen

Top Commenter: AmberBreak

Word Count: 1729

~Mara

"Do you remember everything I told you?" Althea questions. She leans against the car I'm currently sitting, peering at me. Landon sits in the front seat, staring straight ahead.

"Not really," I admit. It's getting further into evening now. We have planned to leave later, since the drive to the Freedom Pack is long, and Landon suggested I sleep most of the drive. That way, we would arrive by morning.

"The first thing I suggest, is to find somewhere to stay. Many of the houses there are abandoned, so stay there if possible. Eventually, I'm sure Kaden will lose interest in finding you, and you can go home," she tells me.

I nod, hoping this might actually work.

"My main warning, is to stay as far from Alpha Grayson as possible. He's not the most...Put together Alpha out there."

"She will be fine Al," Landon says gruffly, cutting Althea off. She sighs, leaning into the car to kiss my forehead goodbye. I suddenly feel as though I'm going to miss her more than I expected. At first I came here to kill her baby, and now, I'm leaving to find a new place to call home.

We depart quickly. The entire time, I couldn't stop looking out the window for Kaden.

If he saw us, I would be dead...

💙••💙

"Mara..."

My eyes shoot open, and I sit up, only to be restricted by a seatbelt. When I glance over, I see Landon in the drivers seat, staring at me. He looks tired, his soft brown eyes rimmed red. It's obvious he's been driving for quite some time.

"We are here," he mumbles.

He's right. Outside, I'm faced with a massive wall. Unlike the Power Pack wall, this one is crumbling, with cracks running straight through. To my left, there is even a large gaping hole in its structure.

"Not very new, is it?"

I glance at Landon. He's right. The Freedom Pack was another Pack that isn't discussed often. Mainly because they are a bad influence; their ideas and values destroyed the moment Alpha Grayson took over reign. We were told that if there is anyone worse than Kaden, is Grayson.

"Can you tell me about Alpha Grayson, before I have to go in there?" I ask. Knowing about him is mandatory.

Landon thinks for a moment. "I can't say I know him very well. What I do know, is that he was the youngest Alpha until I became one. But he's the most immature one, that's for sure."

His words make me think.

"It's easier to just stay away from him, like Althea instructed. He likes new things, and might not let you go for awhile if he gets his hands on you," Landon muses.

"I think I get it now. Find shelter. Find an alley, and stay as far away from the Alpha as I can," I say, repeating everything I've been told. Landon nods, smiling.

Popping the door open, I glance at Landon for the last time.

"Good luck," he murmurs.

Once I close the door behind me, Landon drove off quickly. Prepared with hardly anything in my small backpack, I head off toward the gaping hole in the massive wall.

It's hot here. Hotter than any other Pack around. At least that's what I've heard. But instead of being a burning hot, it's humid; moisture sticking to my skin relentlessly. Wiping my forehead, I pray a headache won't follow.