Chapter 4 //

Lauren

I stood there looking into his eyes, I can see Mollie from the corner of one of my eyes looking at us. And I can see Casey from the other eye. I know what their thinking is she going to kick off, shout a little but I don't know what to do. Because here is the guy I loved so much and who was my best friend. And who left me broken years ago.

Now here he is again breaking the news to me that he is marrying my sister, how the hell is one woman supposed to react to that because I have no clue.

"Your marrying Mollie?......As in my older sister that Mollie?" I Rambled out still a little shocked, Clay looks at me, with a nod of his head for an answer.

"Yeah... that Mollie, I know this comes as a shock to-;" Cutting him off and walked over to where my family was. Mollie's eyes locked on me for a second, kind of a scared look in her eyes like I was about to slap her.

Walking right pass her and towards Jude.

"Lauren don't-;" I heard Jude say to me, as he saw my hand go for the shot of whiskey in front of him. Choosing to ignore him, tonight I need a drink and a strong one at that. I don't care about my sobriety.

"Are you going to drink that?" I asked him, picking up the shot of whiskey and down it before he could answer and then picked up dads and did the same. Now I feel much better after that, feeling everyone's eyes on me.

"Better now?" Jude asked, I can hear the disappointment in his voice, and I can see it in his eyes, but I don't care about that right now or the fact that I've just had my first drink in three years. turning my head to look at him with a smirk.

"Much, anyways I got to go." I said and started to walk away.

"Lauren Noelle Callaghan. You sit down right now" Stopping at the sound off my mother's voice and turned around to look at her, I can't sit here and smile because they all lied to me about Mollie and Clay. I didn't even know they were together let alone getting married, that's something you're supposed to share, especially if you're supposed to love and care for that person. But my whole family lied to me and I can't sit here and act like I'm okay with that.

"No Mom that's not happening. Everyone here lied to me and acted like if I found about them, I would have a metal breakdown over it, and to be honest I don't give a Ratass who Clay date's, screws or marries evens. I'm not sixteen years old anymore, I got over my high school romance, but I guess you lot didn't" I said and continue walking away from them, not before turning to the bar and waved bye to Casey.

Walking out the main doors and as far as I could away form that place, everything I said in there was a lie. I never got over Clay I just pushed his memories away, because he wasn't in my life anymore. But now here he is, and he is marrying my sister.

My sister for god sakes, my own sister is marrying my ex-boyfriend who left me, and she was the one who held me when I cried over him. What kind of sister does that?

Clay

I watched Lauren walk away and I don't know how to explain it. All I know is that I'm seeing the girl who was my best friend for ten years, and the girl who was my everything. After five years I'm seeing her again and I'm lost on what to say to her apart from that I'm marrying her sister.

"Well, that could have gone better" I heard Mollie say, snapping out of my thoughts and looked at her and the rest of her family.

"Yeah, I think it could have" I replied hearing the doubt in my own voice, I don't know five years ago I knew Lauren Callaghan so well and now I just don't.

She's different somehow just like Mollie said she's not the same girl I used to know. Lauren was sweet, kind, loving, and so much more and now she seems hot-headed, cold, broken even, and if I'm right then she's broken because of me. And I hope I'm wrong about that if me leaving her turned her into a broken, lost woman. What damage can me marrying her sister cause her in the future.

"Babe are you Okay? You seem lost" Mollie asked me, throwing my eyes too her and smiled.

"Yeah, I'm fine babe, I'll be back in a second" I replied kissing her on the cheek and begin walking over to the bar to talk to Casey.

Casey is my older brother by two years and he's my only brother. So, growing-up we were close but when I left for college we grew apart, didn't talk as much. And I think deep down that also had something to do with Lauren, because when we were kids Lauren was like the sister, we never had to both me and Casey. And when I left her, broke her heart, I pissed Casey off too because he sees her as family, and he was torn between doing what was right.

"So that was awkward" I head Casey say as I walked up to him. Shaking my head at him Casey always has to make a joke out of everything, but I guess in this case he is right seeing Lauren again was awkward.

"It could have been worst" I replied, taking a seat at the bar, and looked up to him.

"Yeah she could of kick you in the balls and slapped Mollie" he smirked.

"I doubt it Lauren is not like that" I sighed, Casey looked at me and shook his head,

"Dude she's not the same Lauren you knew. And if it weren't for her family being here, and for her pride she would have kicked off" he said,

"Why would she? It's been five years" I asked him, not seeing the big deal here.

"Yeah, five years since you left her, by leaving a letter and never connected her again. And then when she does see you again, you drop the bombshell on her that you are getting married to her sister, your incredibly lucky she didn't kick off because most girls would have" He fired-out at to me.

"I thought she knew Casey" I said sadly. If I know that Lauren didn't know about me and Mollie, I would have told her myself somehow. And I know what I did five years ago was wrong and I should have said goodbye face to face, not leaving a letter and leaving in the night.

But I know that it would have been unbearable to see her again, because Lauren has been my best friend, my girlfriend, and at one point the love of my life. So, the thought of leaving her was unbearable but I had too, and I did.

"Either way she does now, and a little friendly warning stay away from her Clay. Because when you left the first time Jude called me and told me it just about killed her. And she's all glued back together now, so Lauren doesn't need you screwing with her head again" he said, throwing my eyes up to him and shake my head.

"I didn't even know she was here, I love Mollie, I'm marrying Mollie and I have no intention of screwing with Lauren's head or her feelings" I said harshly to my brother, as we looked at one another.

Okay so I get it he wants to protect Lauren, but way does he think I will screw with her. Me and Lauren we're too damaged to even be friends now after everything that's happened between us. I'm quite sure she hates me even though she acted like she didn't. But she does I know her, and I can't blame her for that. Because I hurt her, so she should hate me.

But I love Mollie and I am going to marry her.