Ch. 11

A few months came to pass, Alexander was adjusting well, he even held onto Candace's hand to 'make sure she didn't run into anything', which the whole castle thought was adorable. The small boy would also be learning from the three kings. With Caius, it was art and Greek, Demetri taking part in the Greek language when Caius was otherwise busy. Aro would be teaching him English, well reading and writing in English, they mostly read together. Marcus would teach him History as well as Italian. Alex didn't want his mother to feel left out so she would be teaching him Galician. Laci wanted to teach him French. Alec and Jane would take over the English lessons for Aro and Felix took over History for Marcus when business came up.

Since the child had an eidetic memory, he was progressing faster than a normal four year old. His birthday was coming up, she remembered, on October 31st. He was born on Halloween, that's how she always remembered. Through the months of him being there, the parents never reported him being missing, they just got rid of his things and moved on. Heidi checked everyday, however, to make sure they didn't.

Aro sent Bella and Edward a gift, for the wedding as well as her turn as a newborn, though they would want proof eventually. The Cullens kept silent, and that the Volturi was grateful for.

Candace's parents and brother were still alive in the dungeons below. It was dark and they didn't know how long they had been down there for. They wanted everything to stop, but each time they asked, the punishments got worse. They were bruised, scared, burned and their spirits were broken. What made them finally break was the news that Val and Connie had been dead the entire time.

"Why don't you just kill us then, you bastards?!" Tanya shouted at Sexton, who was there to bring them food. "Haven't we been through enough?!"

"You haven't in the slightest." Came a chilling voice.

The three of them turned their heads and saw the ebony haired king, the snow blonde following right behind him.

"We have been here so long, when are you going to tell us what we've done to deserve this?" Josh said, finding his voice, these men intimidated him.

"Sono stati qui a lungo, fratello."(They have been here a long while, brother.) Caius whispered in Italian to Aro, smiling sadistically. "Forse dovrebbero essere detto del loro crimine, sì?"(Maybe they should be told of their crime, yes?)

Aro smiled, causing a shudder to run down the three humans spine.

"Just tell us you monsters!" Tanya shouted, yet again.

"We are not the monsters here, Tanya Valentine, and you will hold your tongue, unless you wish to be lashed again." The kings voice dropped into a deadly tone, his black eyes locking on the woman's.

"You have beaten us almost to death, and yet you've saved us from dying?" The woman was bold to speak against the vampire kings. "Do you get off on torturing innocent people?"

Aro's maniacal laughter rang throughout the dungeons, causing even the guards to shrink back in fear.

"Tu? Innocente? Sei così delirante che non hanno nemmeno comprendere la situazione si è in."(You? Innocent? You are so delusional that you do not even comprehend the situation you are in.) beside him Caius kept his eyes trained on the humans, itching to snap their necks, but refrained remembering who was to end them. "Compared to you, we have been kind. You, a mother that watched her child be beaten and raped and did nothing to stop it. A brother who blinded his sister just because he felt like it. And you," he growled at Josh, "you are not a man, but a coward. You hurt your daughter mentally and physically because you believed you owned her? Despicable. All of you. You let your sons friend impregnate your daughter and had her uterus taken, ripping any chance of her conceiving a child again. And why was that? Hmm? Because you didn't want to get caught again for impregnating her yourself, like the first three times."