XXII

Cassidy's pov-

Okay...so I am still recovering from the holiday shock that mom gave me. Moreover I am tensed about Anna.

I can't take Anna with me and I will not leave her on anyone else's responsibility for sure, I need someone whom I can talk to-

SOFIA!

I will call her after some time.

The alarm started beeping, yes. I am awake before it can ring because I haven't slept a wink last night because I was just so tensed.

I left a number of feather light kisses upon Anna's face to wake her up, Anna opened one eye and smiled pulling me down with her small arms to hug me.

Oh my princess!

"Good morning momma" I smiled "good morning my little princess" Anna giggled "you don't have office today?" she asked me.

Dexton was not coming to office today because he wanted to stay with his family so I was not needed today as well; after all I am his personal assistant.

"no, today you take a leave from school and spend the day with me " I replied and the moment Anna understood what I said she started jumping over the bead screaming "yaaaaaaaaaaa" I took up my phone and took a photo of Anna.

"momma can we dance?" I gave her a mischievous smile before blasting up the music 'Sugar' by Maroon Five.

After almost an hour of jumping and dancing around the house like a maniac both of us got ready.i decided to go out for breakfast with Sofia.

I wore skinny jeans along with a crop top which was black in color and Anna wore a short blue dress with her boots.

I called up Sofia on my way and asked her to come along to which she agreed. Sofia worked from home for an IT company so she was always available.

When we reached the café Sofia was already there, she waved her hand to me and Anna went running to her.

I trusted only Sofia with Anna , and Sofia was the only family that Anna had therefore both of them were pretty close to each other.

Sofia also does not have a family; she lost her parent in the same car accident I lost mine. Both our families were pretty close so we traveled a lot together.

To me Sofia was my sister and I would give my world to her if that is what she needed. She was equally important to me as granny or anyone else close to me.

I sat down and placed Anna on the chair beside mine.

"I have got to tell you something and it is a life or death situation for me....."I exclaimed as Sofia calmly sipped her coffee "spill" she muttered. I looked down to Anna; she was playing on the phone. "Mom was in the hospital yesterday as you know...." I stopped to look up at Sofia "go on fruit pie" I turned a deep shade of red when a few people turned to our table when they heard what Sofia said, I glared at Sofia and she smirked

"You-"

Before I could continue Anna jumped off her chair and ran to another table behind us. I turned around and saw Dex-

Wait, DEXTON!?

"daddy" Anna shouted obviously she recognized Dexton, shit.

I ran behind her and so did Sofia.

By now Dexton picked up Anna and smiled "hi sweetheart, r u los-" he was about to question her before I slipped in

"no, she is with me"

Dexton looked up and was shocked to see me standing in front of him. Anna simply hugged Dexton nuzzling her head in her dad's neck.

Dexton did not seem to mind that, he loved kid's.

Dexton gave a questioning look, I was scared to shit right now. But that was before I hears Sofia coming in between-

"My daughter" she said and pulled Anna away. Instead saying anything Anna cried for her father.i was still thankful Anna did not say anything.

Dexton seemed to be taken back by her question bur recovered quickly , he took Anna from Sofia's arm and shushed her "Dadda-"

Dexton looked up to me and Sofia while Sofia smiled

Is she crazy? Why is Sofia smiling?

Sofia took Anna back when she was quite and took her out of the restaurant without a word leaving me with Dexton.

"why was she calling me dada? " he questioned as I looked around before replying "s-she does no-not have a dad she saw a p-picture of you, me and Sofia of our wedding da-day do I guess s-she assumed "

Lie!

A Big Fat Lie!

"hmmm" was all Dexton said "can I request something?" I don't know what I was saying but it was important "yeah" Dexton simply asked."C-can I bring Sofia and Anna with me to the vacation?" Dexton gave me a confused look "Anna as in the sweet little girl?" I simply nodded "sure, I don't think mom will mind after all she loves Sofia as well" Dexton answered. "thanks" I said and turned around but my heels slipped, I waited for me to fall-

But soon there was a hand around my waist and it did not take me long to recognize whom it belonged to after all only one person can make me feels this kind of a sensation.

I looked up to see Dexton's face a few inches away from mine.

Now I could see how tiered he was, there were dark circles around his beautiful bluish green eyes.

Suddenly I heard a number of claps, and was pulled out of my dream world, I stood up straight and was sure my face seemed similar to that of a tomato.

"You okay?" Dexton asked, I looked up to him and mumbled a thanks before rushing out

That was close!

______________________

Dexton's dad above

Hi guys, how are you?

Hope you enjoyed the chapter. I have been a little busy with school work. I am sorry.

A lot of you have personally messaged me and I am replying back after late cause I am the most weird person u would have met, I keep my phone charged but it is mostly on aero plane mode.

Don't even ask me why, I have got crazy friends who talk for hours...

But I promise to reply  on the same day...or at least I will try to

Luv you guys..........

VOTE....FOLLOW......COMMENT