ATTACKED BY A GIANT FLAPPING BIRD

Tuesday 26th January 2016

I honestly didn't care about what Colton's about to say. I'm cold and wet now, plus my headphones are broken and I lost my bottle to the water. I unplugged them from out of my phone and held them tightly in-between my hands, so I didn't hurt Colton.

''I'm sorry... I really didn't mean to frighten you,'' He lifts his left palm up to his head and scratches his messy hair.

''Why would you even do.... Were you following me?'' I accused him, taking a large step back in the sand.

''What... No, I saw you running and wanted to apologies for being a jerk last week.'' He crossed his arms over his chest and started to glare at me, his dark eyebrows raised.

''And this is your apology?'' I throw my arms up, ''well you suck at it!'' I argued I knew I was being bitch, I turned to stomp away. I would of normally of been totally fine but... oh I don't know... Colton just presses my buttons, he makes my uncomfortable but I don't even know him. I'm so confused.

''Well no-one told you to fall into the water and swing your arms about like you were getting attacked by a giant flapping bird,'' He shouted clearly after me in his silvery tone.

I stopped short.

Turning back around to look at him properly. He was tall for a fifteen-year-old about five foot ten, that's a guess though, he had on a grey hoodie, no idea why in this weather but he also had pair of black loose fitted shorts on. Drawing my eyebrows together, I scruff, ''no I didn't!''

Colton unfolded his arms as he walks up to me and spoke in matter of fact way, ''Gem, you did. I think you scared the water more then it scared you.''

''I... I,'' I stutter gasping for a couple of seconds. How dare he, then something he said came back into my mind.

''Why did you call me Gem? That's not my name.'' I frown waiting for his response.

He kept his mouth firmly shut, his bright blue eyes not giving anything away. Colton eyes were like looking at the first pelts of snow in the winter. Cold yet graceful at the same time.

Shaking my head to clear it. ''You know what Colton... Forget it, I don't want to know!'' I finally shot out and started to run back home, not waiting for a response.

Wednesday 27th January.

''Dawson? Can I please have fresh cup of tea, Noah will have a coffee,'' Anna spoke softly, her eyes shining brightly.

''Of course Anna, coming right up.'' I grin at the couple, writing the order down on my red notepad.

Moving over to another table and I asked them what they would like to order. I moved over to the kitchen informing Ava of the orders.

She gives me smile, ''ok darling, coming right up, you can head off now Dawson,'' I smile and say bye.

I walk up to Nico who's currently behind the counter, cleaning the top with a red rag. Nico is a twenty-eight-old who works here every day. He's a really funny guy whose looks like a teddy bear, his eyes the colour of gingerbread.

''Nico, I'm heading off now.''

''Ok sugar, but it looks like someone's here for you already,'' He lifts his head to the window.

I turn.

Tyler is standing outside the window in front of Anna and Noah, waving both his arms like a crazy person. Widening my eyes, I look back to Nico. He's just laughing and said, ''go get changed.'' The café door opened and Tyler shouted, ''I've not got all day Dawson, move it girl.''