Chapter 8: Number 11...?

I stood there motionless as I lock my eyes on the ring. He couldn't be doing this, not now!! He was the main one saying we should wait alittle longer before even talking about getting engaged, this had to be some type of cruel prank, I have to be getting punk'd!

"I..." I stammered raising my eyes up to meet his. "You... You said you wanted to wait. That we'd... We'd talk about it first."

"Well, I thought it'd be a little more romantic if I made it spontanious. You know? That way you wouldn't see it coming." He smiled placing Aiden down before grabbing my hand and putting the ring onto my index finger.

"I certainly didn't see this coming." I choked now turning my gaze to my feet. "Ryan don't you think we're still a bit... young?" 

"I mean, maybe but we love each other. We've been dating for 2 years Addy, I'm positive you're the woman I want too spend my life with." He admitted forcing me to look at him in his eyes.

"But Ryan I'm only 18, I... I don't wanna rush anything." I sighed watching him drop my hand and take a step back before sitting on the bed and dropping his on gaze to the floor. His blonde hair falling in front of his face like a curtain.

"Is this because of Eric? Because I thought you said you were over him..." Ryan huffed not looking at me but I could hear it all in his voice. The disappointment, the jealousy, the anger, and most of all... the regret.

"I- This isn't about him." I sighed telling only half the truth, because in a way it was. I didn't want to make such a hasty decision after what i'd just seen, I knew it would only damage things further. Yet, I did want to say yes despite myself. I wanted to forget about Eric, forget about everythine else that happened today, and just run off and play happily ever after with Ryan.

"You sure? Because ever sincehe reappeared you've been acting different." He sighed deeply.

"I haven't been acting different Ryan." I sighed putting my hands on my hips.

"I beg a differ. You've been lying to me, getting really upset, you even sleep tense lately!" He frowned. "You use to talk to me, tell me you were excited about our future together, Now, I'm lucky to hear a 'I love you' creep pass your lips."

"Ryan, I do love you. You and I both know that don't we?" I asked quietly sitting next to him and taking his hand in mine. It was the truth, I do love Ryan and I know i've made that more then obvious. He mesmerizes me, he may not be Eric- he'll never be my mate, but I would be lying if I said he didn'tmake my heart skip beats just from looking at him.

"But just not more then him right?" He sighed and hurriedly began talking again before I could respond. "I'm not trying to rush you into this, but I do want you to know i've got a future planned for us if you want it. So can you atleast consider it? I mean, keep the ring."

"But..." I sighed wanting to say something comforting, to fix it but the words got lost in my mouth before even grazing my lips.

"It doesn't have to be a engagement ring yet if you don't want it to be, just... Think of it as a... a promise." He smiled kissing my cheek causing me to blush under my own prevail. "A promise that im yours and you're mine and that I have plans for a future with you and Aiden. A promise that I wont let myself let you down. A promise we love each other."

"Okay then, so when people asked what it is do I say a promise ring?" I smiled coyly leaning in close to him.

"You say, 'Thie is my pre-engagement ring' and leave it at that." He smiled kissing me. I couldn't help but feel better and be happy that he was mine, and the ring on my finger well... That's was pretty awesome too! I kissed Ryan again and chuckled as he snaked his arms around my waist just as a knock sounded at my bedroom door. I hurriedly tucked my hand under my thigh and let out a sigh of relief when Jason emerged.