20.

This was rlly hard to write guys idk why.

I collapsed on the sofa next to Harry who had his feet leisurely rested on the expensive looking coffee table and was busy tapping away on his phone, his usual cold, jaw clenched expression written perfectly across his handsome face.

No, in fact Harry did not help me. I asked him as sweetly as possible however he just looked straight ahead at the TV and continued to pretend that I didn't exist, I pestered him and asked nicely and tried everything however I gave up as soon as he turned his intense glare from the TV to me-- I then scuttled away nervously back into the kitchen.

I had prepped the food, cleaned the whole hour, hung some stupid fairly lights around the house, I'd plumped all the pillows and cushions in the entire house and I'm sure there were still things left to do but I simply couldn't do any more. I knew Anne would understand as she seemed a very nice and warm person, she even knew I was sick so I'm sure she wouldn't mind if I hadn't done everything on the list, right?

I burrowed my head into the cushion and groaned loudly closing my tired eyes briefly.

*

A slightly soft clearing of a throat roused me from my sleep as I shot up, staring wide eyed ahead of me not even realising that I was asleep in the first place. Anne and Gemma were sat opposite me on the couch with placid expressions on their face whilst I embarrassingly tried to hide the cushion which I had drooled on.

"Anne! Hi, I was just. . Resting, I can't believe I fell asleep. . . Harry why didn't you wake me!" I whispered furiously to Harry who was sat at the end of my couch, his hands behind his head making his biceps bulge as he faced the ceiling with his eyes closed. The only sign he heard me was the slight twitch of amusement of his lip. I hadn't finished the list and I was terrified that she would get mad, I mean this is hardly a good impression that I'm leaving on my freaking mother-in-law. That little shit finds this funny.

"Sweetheart, relax. It's alright. I shouldn't have just left all the work on you anyway, especially because you weren't well. You've done more than enough," She said with a warm smile making my shoulders sag in relief. I still felt guilty but knowing she wasn't going to hate me for the rest of my life for possibly ruining her daughters graduation party made me feel immensely relived.

"You and Harry, can go home now-,"

"Thank, fuck." Harry suddenly spoke up coldly before abruptly getting up and grabbing his keys and phone off the coffee table before standing to his full height and marching away. I huffed under my breath at his insufferable behaviour.

I didn't understand what Anne meant by leaving? I thought since I had been helping all day that we would automatically be invited to the party, and considering Harry is Gemma's brother you would think he would be invited by default. I frowned in confusion and it must have been evident on my face as Gemma got up and came around to sit beside me.

"Don't take it personally, Clo. I would love to have you here but, Harry can't come and then introductions would be awkward and there would be questions about his whereabouts." She explained gently, making me frown in even more confusion. Why couldn't Harry come? I'm sure he would be willing to attend the party, I mean he stayed the entire day here and I hardly believe it was to keep me company.

I shook my head. "But. . Why can't Harry come. .?" I felt like they were trying to tell me something but I was just being too stupid to work it out, their facial expressions full of guilt and shame were leaving me more and more bewildered by the minute.

Anne sighed heavily on the other side.
"Some family, friends and, neighbours think that. . Harry is away at uni, studying business. His appearance would raise questions." She said softly, her eyes refusing to meet my own as they darted across the room, her hands tipped with red polish twisting nervously as Gemma cautiously took my hand in hers. I simply couldn't see where the problem was.