XXXVII : Red (Part 2)

My eyelids felt heavy when I tried to open them. The first thing that came to my sight is white ceilings,  tiled with lights arranged neatly in lines. 

The lights stinging my eyes who stared too long, I turned my head to my sides, meeting blue curtains surrounding me. I could feel the cool sheets of the pillow on my cheeks, and a distinguishable clean scent on my nose.

A hospital?

Aside from a few beeping noises, my ears caught a small voice talking which most likely comes from the television. Slightly lifting my head from my pillow to get a better view, I saw a familiar back sitting next to the bed's footboard. His head was tilted upwards and his eyes was probably darted to the television attached to the wall.

"I'm Naruto Uzumaki, and I'm gonna become the best Hokage ever," a kid with yellow hair throwing his fist into the air was shown on television.

Knowing what the character was about to say next, I opened my mouth and said,

"Believe it!"

My voice came out small and cracked, I soon broke into a coughing fit before even finishing the legendary quote of Naruto Uzumaki.

Jeon Jungkook automatically whipped his head towards me with a surprised look.

"Lee Jinhee!" he called, which I didn't answer to for my dry throat was still itching so bad. He quickly rose from his seat to pass me a glass of water which was on the bedside. I sat up, grabbed the glass from him and gulped down some water, feeling relievements on my throat.

"Thank you," I said, placing the glass back on the bedside while letting out a small laugh.

"You're awake!" He said, his eyebrows worriedly scrunched but his lips smiling.

"Hi," I smiled a small one back, "W-why am I here?"

"Uh.."

Thinking, his eyes moved a couple of times before finally answering,

"Y-you were nowhere to be found and your family was looking for you everywhere when they received a call from this hospital saying that you're admitted here by someone, then we drove here right away. Errr.. Y-your parents are out to buy us food by the way.." he said a bit rushingly.

I responded with a couple small nods, my eyes looking at my blanket and my mind zoning out. I was reminded of the fever I caught last night on the beach.

Getting memories of the past few hours, I knew that sooner or later, Park Jimin is going to come to my mind. 

"Lee Jinhee," Jungkook spoke in a steadier pace.

My eyes averted towards him.

"Can I.." he seemed to hesitate before continuing, "Ask of what happened? And why are you at a beach far away from home, alone, on top of that?"

"Or were you with someone?"

And I was right. 

Park Jimin's smile flashed on my mind hearing the question, causing me to smile weakly.

"It's okay if you don't want to talk about it.." Jungkook smiled back at me with a calming voice, causing a pinch of guilt to creep on my heart.

"Jungkook-ah."

"Yeah?"

"You said it was my family looking for me? Then... Why are you here too?" I asked him.

He let out a small laugh before saying, "They contacted me, and probably some of our schoolmates too. No one seemed to know where you were, so I helped them."

"I mean it's probably dawn when you and my parents drove here.. You don't have to go through all the troubl-"

"This might sound weird," he rubbed his nape, "But... Park Jimin..."

My ears perked up at the mention of Jimin's name. I felt a warm feeling slowly filling my heart.

"I think I saw Park Jimin coming to my dream, telling me to take care of you.. Crazy, right?" he chuckled.

But then I noticed that the gleam in eyes weren't there, and it were tints of sadness which was showing in his smile.

Just as I was thinking that way, he stopped smiling and let out a long, worn out sigh.

"I'm sorry, Lee Jinhee.. I'm really sorry. I never wanted to cause you pain. But still, I was wrong. And I'm also sorry for being too cowardly that it has to take this long before I finally could say this to you in person," he had his head hung low as he spoke.

His sincerity and pained expression touched me, who once wanted to blame Jungkook for making me realize my feelings for Jimin, and who wanted at least someone to blame for all the sorrow I had to endure. Even though I never did blame him anyway, I felt guilty enough for having such thoughts come to my mind.

"You don't have to be, Jeon Jungkook," I grabbed his hand, "It wasn't your fault. I know all you want is for everyone to be happy. Nobody knew that such thing would happen.."

His head still hanging low, I saw him giving me slow nods.

"Thank you.." he lifted his head towards me.

Nothing said anything for some moments. It was only the television who spoke as we let the calming silence mend our broken bonds.

"I miss Park Jimin.." I said, my hands fiddling with my blanket and my lips forming a smile.

Jeon Jungkook rose from his seat and slowly wrapped his hands around me.

"I miss him too.." he said, patting my back rhythmically.

.
.
.
.

Nothing lasts forever
Everything, someday, will dissappear
As if it was never there

But I'm here to remember
You'll always be remembered.