Chapter Sixteen I FINAL CHAPTER

"I'll go."

------

Taehyung POV

Where are you rn?

At home

Wanna hang out?

Read 9:54

What is this deja vu? Jungkook was the one who texted first, shouldn't he answer me, then? Was the message I sent too risky? We just started talking again, maybe I was going too fast.

Yep. Definitely too fast.

"Aish," I mumbled while I ruffled my bangs in frustration. Should I text him again? Should I ask Jimin for more help? No, he's done too much for me already. Plus, right now he's most likely with Jungkook, so if I called him he'd know we've been talking.

What if Jimin gets in trouble with Jungkook because of me? Well, when we first started meeting he should've known we'd be found out eventually. So he should be prepared to handle a punishment.

Ahhhhhhh. I want to scream. But I'm too tired... should I go to bed or watch more cat videos?

Suddenly, I heard the doorbell ring. "Coming," I yelled as I made my way down the stairs. When I opened the door I saw Jungkook. Swollen eyes and shivering since it was windy and he didn't have a sweater on. I wanted to smile and scream and hug and kiss the hell out of him at the time, but I saw he was cold and crying so instead I invited him inside.

"Are you okay?" I asked while I got a blanket and gave it to him. I know I shouldn't be, but I'm very happy right now. Because at least Jungkook's with me at this moment.

He wrapped himself in the blanket and looked down. "Taehyung?" He asked.

"Yeah?"

"What exactly are you and Jimin?"

My heart beat faster. So he found out? Did Jimin tell him or did he see us together? Gosh, i have so many questions.

"We're nothing!" I defended myself.

"Then why have you two been hanging out so much? And why keep it a secret from me? Why ?" He started crying. He wiped away his tears and I hugged him slowly.

"Jimin...he and I...well ," I started. This would be a right time to tell him. "I won't lie. I have been meeting him. And I was the one who chose to keep it a secret. I'm sorry."

He pulled away from my hug and stared at me with sadness. "Why?"

"Let me finish," I told him as I took a step closer. I sighed. "I was having problems. Big problems. To the point that I didn't want to live anymore. He was just helping me through that. Nothing was or is going on between me and him. I promise."

"Is that it?" He whispered as he looked away. He must be pitying me. "What made you that way? I could've helped you. You don't need Jimin. If you told me earlier I could have helped, too."

"No. No you couldn't."

"What?"

"Jungkook," breathe... "The thing that caused those problems, or more specifically, the person who did that to me... was you ."

Shocked silence.

"Really?" I didn't answer. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." I know he realized what he did "wrong." But now that I think back on it, it was all me. I kissed him unexpectedly, I ignored him after I thought he was ignoring me, I was the one who met with his new best friend behind his back, which probably made him lose his trust with Jimin. And I was the one who made out with some other guy because I was desperate to get rid of my feelings for him.

He threw his arms around my waist as he buried his face into my chest. I heard muffled sobs. although I was happy he hugged me, I don't like him crying because of me.

I put my arms around him as well. "No...I'm sorry. I know it wasn't fair of me to get so sad over such small things. I hurt you so much because of my selfish actions...." Now it was my turn to start crying. I hugged him tighter and buried my face onto his shoulder and started sobbing loudly. Something I haven't been able to do for a while.

"It wasn't all your fault. I was being pretty selfish too. And I got so mad at both you and Jimin because you met behind my back. I guess I just missed my best friend."

I stopped crying. Did I hear that correctly? He called me his best friend? After all I did to him, after all I did to myself and everyone around me, he still thought of me as his friend?

Tears flowed down my cheeks again. But they weren't sad tears. They were happy tears. I smiled even if Jungkook couldn't see it.

"I missed you, too." He pulled away slightly, and while he were still in each other's arms we started at each other's bloodshot eyes and cried silently. Both tears were out of happiness.

Then, when I wasn't expecting it, he leaned in closer and kissed my lips. I stood there, unable to think of what to do or what other people do when they kiss the love of their life. Yes, I finally called him that. Because now I'm sure that I love him. I love my best friend.

So I kissed him back. I pulled him closer to me and held the back of his head. I was tempted to try and stick my tongue inside his mouth, but I wasn't sure how he'd react. So we continued this kiss. This innocent kiss. Full of passion and all the hidden feelings we'd been keeping from each other for so long.

When he finally pulled away to breathe I picked him up and kissed him again. He chuckled and wrapped his legs around me as I started heading upstairs toward my room. When we got there we hadn't broken the kiss once and I lay him down on my bed. I hovered over him and we kept kissing. Nothing more. (A/N: bitch you thought)

When we finally broke the kiss I looked down at the beautiful boy that was beneath me. He really was so gorgeous. He brought him hand up to my face and I smiled.

"I love you." He said. I started tearing up again. How I've longed to hear those words...

"I love you, too. I always have, and I always will."

I slept over at his house. We fell asleep in each other's arms and dreamed of each other's warmth and kisses.

That night I answered a question that I had been asking myself for so long. Yes. I did love him. And I would never let him go. I won't ever let anyone else have him. Because he's mine. And I'm sure he feels the same way. I can finally be happy with the person I love most in the world.

Yes. It's love.

----

END