nineteen

"I don't want them to be mean to you," Allie says, her hand tight on mine as I drive a rental to her parent's house.

"I can take it baby," I say, her hands holding mine tighter. She's a nervous wreck and I don't want her to be. Anything they throw at me again, I'll easily answer just because I have her there. Allie is amazing.

"God, Derek better not be the same way," she says, my head turning to look for cars.

"He's a brother, Allie. That's their job," I remind her, her head resting back on the headrest.

I pull up to the house and I stop the car, getting out and helping her out. She holds my hand and stops, leaning up and pecking my lips.

"Stay with me. Even if they're being dicks," she tells me, my head nodding.

"No worries, beautiful," I say, her head nodding. I close the door and lock the car, holding her hand as we walk up to the door.

She walks in and I follow, her head looking around. Then her dad walks in and smiles.

"Hey guys," he grins, my smile appearing. We say hello, Allie hugging him and I shake his hand.

We follow him into the living room and I take a seat, Allie sitting beside me. Then more footsteps are heard and Derek comes into the room with his wife.

"Hey Allie," he smiles, kissing her forehead. I lift my arm and put my hand out.

"Harry," he states, shaking my hand firmly to get the point across that he still doesn't like me.

I wrap my arm back around Allie's shoulders, her head turning so she can whisper into my ear.

"Please don't let him bother you," she whispers, my head nodding.

"I know, Allie. I won't," I remind her, kissing her hair.

We sit and make small talk with her parents, her mom not really saying much just because that's who she is. She's very soft spoken but she's very nice.

"So, Harry, what have you been up to lately?" Derek asks, his wife rolling her eyes.

"Not this again," she groans, his head turning to look at her.

"I genuinely want to know," he states, looking back at me. Allie grab my hand and I smile.

"I've been selling my art. Since the accident, that's what I do and I make a pretty good living for myself," I say, his eyebrow lifting.

"That's nice. Allie still has that crap dream," he says, and his dad starts to tell him off.

"Knock it off, Derek," he states, my head turning to look down at Allie. Her eyes are filled with tears and I try to stop her but she runs, my eyes watching her go out of the room.

"She has a dream, Derek. And I'd gladly support her to achieve that dream. I'm sorry you don't like it, but the last thing she wants is her family to disapprove of her life. Let her be happy," I say, getting up and walking upstairs to find her. I hear her crying in a closed door room and I knock, walking in. Art covers the walls of the room and I smile, knowing she must love to be surrounded by it.

I carefully get down on my good knee, grabbing her cheeks in my hands and wiping her tears.

"You are beautiful and I will encourage you to follow your art dream," I tell her, kissing her forehead.

"He can go suck a-" I cut her off.

"Allie, don't say that. He wants you to have a direct life. Art is so iffy but I know if it's what you love, you should do it," I say, her arms wrapping around my neck. She starts to cry and I lift her up, sitting down with her in my lap.

"I just want to make them happy," she cries, my head nodding.

"I know, Allie. I'm so sorry," I say, holding her close.

"Allison," I hear Derek, my arms tightening. But Allie stands up, her feet walking towards her brother.

"What? What could you possibly have to say?" she asks, my body standing up to help defend her.

"Allison, I need to speak to you," he says, eyes flickering to me to insinuate alone.

"No. I have nothing else to say to you. You're an asshole," she says, standing up for herself.

"Allie..." he starts, but she shakes her head.

"You never listened to me when you were dating Josie. You married a girl I didn't like so what is the problem here?" she says, my eyes staying focused on her. It kills me to see her in tears; especially in the eyes of her family.

"I want you to stay with Harry," he says calmly, her body tensing and my eyes widening.

"W-What?" she stutters, my hands grabbing her shoulders.

"I'm only thinking about what I see a perfect relationship is. Josie was what I wanted. Just now, when you left the room, what he said to us changed my mind," he says, looking over at me. Allie turns her head and looks at me, her blue eyes looking up at me.

"What did you say?" she asks, but her brother changes the subject.

"That's beside the point, Allison. Just know I'll back off," he says, her head nodding. He walks out and she turns, my eyes looking down at her.

"What did you say?" she asks, my hand brushing her hair behind her ear.

"That I support you and want you to follow your dreams," I say, her lips parting as she smiles. So I move towards her and wrap my arms around her waist, her arms wrapping around my neck.

"I'll do everything I can to make sure you follow your dreams," I tell her, her head turning. She starts pecking my cheek and I smile, holding her closer.

"God, you are everything," she whispers, my lips pressing to her neck.

"Do you remember when we first met?" I ask, her head lifting to look to look at me.

I peck her lips quickly, her forehead resting on mine. "And you said me surviving was a second chance?"

She smiles and nods, her lips pressing to the tip of my nose. I then lean down and kiss her again, this time trying to make it known that I feel everything for her.

"You," I whisper, pulling away breathless, "are my second chance."

~*~*~*~*~

Hey Loves!

Please VOTE COMMENT and SHARE!!

Much Love! <3 xoxo