Chapter 30 || Year 5

Hermione's POV-

I sat in the compartment with my two best friends, Neville and the fourth year Ravenclaw, Luna Lovegood.

Fred and I have been officially dating for three weeks now, but we decided not to tell any of our friends as we both knew they would make a huge deal about it, especially Ron. The only person who knows is George, but he found out himself, probably being a twin to Fred being a contributing factor.

Draco and I saw each other in Diagon Alley, but neither of us said a single word to each other as we walked past one another, only a glare of pure loathing was shared between the two of us, although his wasn't nearly as menacing as mine was. I suspected that he had heard what I said to him, and knew that it was me who broke his perfect nose, even in his unconscious state.

Our compartment door opened, and standing there was the boy who fucked around with me one too many times. All of us were expecting him to come as it is always his routine on the train to and from Hogwarts to give us a not-so-friendly visit.

"What?" Harry said aggressively before Draco even had said anything.

"Manners Potter, or I'll have to give you a detention. You see, I, unlike you, have been made prefect, which means that I, unlike you, have the power to hand out punishments," The blonde drawled, smirking.

"Yeah, but you, unlike me, are a git, so get out," Harry retorted, causing everyone in the compartment beside Luna to burst out laughing.

Draco's eyes narrowed slightly, but he kept that smirk on his face. He looked at me with a disgusted look which I returned just as equally nasty.

"Tell me, how does it feel to be second best to Weasley, Potter?" He asked mockingly.

A nerve inside me snapped, constant anger building up whenever I thought of the slytherin seeping out.

"Shut up Malfoy," I spat sharply.

"I seemed to have touched a nerve," Draco smirked at me, his eyes filled with loathing. He turned his eyes onto Harry, continuing his routinely insults, "Well, just watch yourself Potter, because I'll be dogging your footsteps in case you step out of line,"

"Get out!" I yelled at the three, standing up and taking a step forward.

The trio stepped out of the compartment, but right as I was about to close the door, I was stopped by Draco's foot.

"You know Granger, you're a complete-" I didn't let him finish as I slammed the door shut, making sure his foot got
crushed by the impact.

I was still trying to work out why he makes me so infuriated as I sat back down, my face burning with uncontrollable anger; everyone knew better to not talk to me until I calmed myself down.