96 Rescue

Yuna was completely burned. Her skin had blistered, then it had partially rolled up like burnt paper. In some places only bones were left. Her hair was completely gone and her left eye was destroyed by the heat. Her body had contracted and shook uncontrollably from agony. She groaned yet, but was unable to speak anymore. She was as good as dead.

Yoshiro slumped to his knees beside her. Tears flowed down his cheeks. "No no no no ..." The cat girl cried completely dissolved. This was too much for her.

"Fuck ... I'm sorry ...", panted Kenji, who was fully out of breath.

The teleporter pointed his hateful gaze on the fire devil. "YOU!" He jumped up.

"Wait! That was her idea!", defended the fur carrier himself with raised arms.

"YOU IDIOT!" Helpless clenched Yoshiro his fists. He looked back at his dying protege.

"... K ...", she rasped in agony.

"I'm so sorry ,Yuna. I have failed you."

"Make way!" Haruka pressed forward to the girl. She had reverted back to her human form, knelt down naked and put her hands on the burned body.

"Mama!", cried Nisha.

"Shh. I have to concentrate." Her hands began to shine.

"What are you doing?!", asked Yoshiro irritated.

"Shh."

He pointed the barrel of his gun to her head. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!", he yelled upset.

"I'm going to save her! Now get lost! All of you!"

"Can you do that?", reassured Shinji.

"I'll do my best, but I need to concentrate."

"Come." Shinji put his hand on Yoshiro's shoulder. The teleporter struggled himself free. He didn't want to leave Yuna alone. He was not allowed to. He had promised.

"Nisha-chan?" Kenji stretched his hand gently towards the cat girl. She turned to him and jumped at him. She clutched at his fur and wailed on.

"Just get her out of here and go!", shouted the leader.

"Come, Yoshiro-san. You can't do anything now."

The resistance of the yellow-skinned Oni broke and he was led away by his friend. The fire devil lifted Nisha up and followed his friends. The Electric-Oni and his colleagues saw back and forth between the mayor and the withdrawing group, then they decided to take their leave.

Highly concentrated Haruka stared at the huntress. "You're quite insane, girl. You should have known that you can't survive this attack. But you have given us the chance to fight back Tirr. You are incredibly brave."

For a moment the Oni pondered if she should simply absorb the power of the girl and let her die. She could still say to the others that she was unable to save her. Shinji would know the truth, but she was able to rely on him. He understood how the world worked. And Yoshiro ... if necessary she would kill him, if he should become a burden.

The girl shrugged. Astonished, Haruka studied the body. Slowly the wounds began to heal. Yuna suddenly shook.

"Hold on."

The fingers of the right now hairless began to twitch. Chopped sounds came from her throat. Her whole body convulsed.

"I know. You're in tremendous pain. Hold on."

The burned tore her regenerated left eye open and stared at Haruka. Her pupil was dilated in agony. She shook further. Her mouth was wide open, but except for tiny-small breaths no sound came from her lips.

"You're hopelessly suicidal, but I've never met anyone as brave as you."

The huntress groaned miserably. Then she inhaled deeply as her breathing came back. Hastily she panted for breath. "Ou ou ou ou ..."

"Hold on. We're almost done."

"P-pain ...", she whimpered.

"I know. It passes."

The blue hair on her head began to sprout. The muscle fibers grew back to their original size. Her skin enveloped her slowly. Every moment her burned neurons would recover.

"Ou ou ... ouch ... YARGH!!!" Yuna screamed again as in the moment when her body was devoured by the flames. Her hands jumped up and grabbed Haruka's wrists while she cried on.

"You almost did it!"

"YUNA!" Yoshiro came running.

"Wait a minute!", shouted Shinji, who followed him quickly.

The girl's scream trailed off. The others surrounded the two women on the floor. Everyone stared at the miracle before them. The huntress lived and gasped for air. Haruka slumped down exhausted.

"YUNA!" Yoshiro fell to his knees and hugged his protege stormy. He pressed her to his body and began to kiss her on the forehead.

"All right. Everything is fine." Yuna tried to calm him down.

"I'll never let you go again."

Uncomfortable, she grinned. "You're embarrassing, uncle."

Yoshiro took off his jacket and wrapped the blue-haired in it. Then he turned to Haruka. "Thank you so much."

The female Oni also tried to catch her breath and wiped a stream of sweat from her forehead. "It's alright. Now I understand ... what she means to you." Loving, Haruka looked to Nisha, who still clung to Kenji. "Come here, little one." The cat girl let go and threw herself into her "mother's" arms. The mayor kissed her on the forehead and stroked her. "It's okay, honey. I'm sorry you had to see that."

The gray-haired hid her face on the stomach of her "mother". "Meow."

"Somehow this meeting completely backfired.", remarked the fire devil.

"Tirr is not afraid of us. He has clearly demonstrated that.", confirmed the leader.

"I'll kill him!" Yoshiro clenched his fists and stood up.

"Right now?" The fur carrier stared.

"Yes."

"You're in no condition to fight, Yoshiro-san. We should take care of our children for now.", rejected the mayor.

The blue-haired girl cleared her throat. "Tirr is mine. I will kill him. No one else will." All others looked at her.

"You're not strong enough.", remarked Kenji.

"Not yet. Give me some time."

Shinji cocked his head. "I'm afraid we don't have any."

Nisha had calmed down and purred softly in the arms of her "mother". She looked over with swollen eyes to the other girl while she was further petted. Her tail twitched a little behind her.

"I think we're done for today. We will collect the information via other channels and then we think about what we should do.", decided Haruka.

"I'll take care of it, Haruka-san." Shinji tried to smile encouragingly. He handed the leader her blazer, which he had brought along. "Okay. Let's go. We had enormous luck today."

"No. We had Yuna-chan. She distracted Tirr long enough so I could attack him with my full power and even hurt him.", corrected Kenji his friend.

The female Oni put on her blazer and looked toward the yellow-skinned. "She is truly remarkable, Yoshiro-san."

"That's not my merit. She had the best parents."