o n e

Emilia

Emilia

Today will be different, I promise myself that. I won't be the sad little girl who lost her parents. No, I'll smile and it won't be the fake one, it'll be the one that says I'm happy.

Today is the first day of school and I'll go through it just fine. Elena, Jeremy, and I will go through this; hopefully. Maybe my twin sister, Elena, will go through the day and maybe Jeremy, but I have to work harder to go through.

I ran down the stairs and towards the kitchen. "Aunt Jenna, what's for breakfast?" I asked Aunt Jenna, who's now our guardian. "Toast. I can make toast." Aunt Jenna said as Elena came inside the kitchen. "It's all about the coffee, Aunt Jenna." Elena said as she sat on the stool beside me after muttering a good morning.

"Is there coffee?"Jeremy said as he came inside the kitchen.

"Your first day of school and I'm totally unprepared. Lunch money?" Aunt Jenna huffed and ran her fingers through her strawberry blonde hair. "I'm good." Elena said as she slung her bag on her shoulder. "Can I have lunch money?" I asked Aunt Jenna with puppy dog eyes.

"Here." She said as she threw twenty dollars in front of me from her purse. "Anything else? A number two pencil? What am I missing?" Aunt Jenna walked around the kitchen trying to figure out the missing things. "Don't you have a big presentation today?" I asked as I drank Jeremy's cup of water. "Hey, that's mine." He roughly pulled the cup from me as I gave him a cold glare.

"I'm meeting with my thesis advisor at...now. Crap!" Aunt Jenna said as she ran towards her jacket and purse. "Then go. We'll be fine." Elena said as Aunt Jenna ran out the door. "You guys okay?" Elena asked Jeremy and I.

"Don't start."

"Nope."

♡ ♡ ♡

I walked to the school's double door lazily after getting a ride from Caroline. Worst ride ever if you ask me. "Oh, there is Elena." Caroline squeals as she walks towards my twin sister. I walk towards my locker and turn the lock. "Hey Mia." Matt says as he leans on the locker beside me. "Hey Matt." I smile at him as I take my history book out.

I catch Matt staring at Elena who is talking with Bonnie and Caroline. "You know," I start as he looks at me, "normally I would say go get your girl. But in this situation I think you guys were meant to break up; no offense tho. I want what's best for my sister and if you keep giving her that look. The look that says you dumped me and I'm not cool about it and I am showing it I'll rip your head off. So please stop that look, you're not only freaking her out but all of us."