Chapter 11

Chapter 11

I blinked, opening my eyes. Where was I?

I stood up, looking around the room. It had light blue walls, and a white rug on top of the wooden floor, and an old bed. A white desk lay in the corner, and the faint smell of grass drifted in from an open window. The room was a sight for sore eyes, because it was my room. I jumped when a voice spoke from behind me.

“You have a choice to make, young one.” A deep voice said, and I turned to find a man with deep blue eyes and golden hair and beard standing next to me, dressed in black robe. He looked about mid-thirties. 

“Who are you?” I asked, and the man smiled grimly.

“Death.”

“But you don’t look like it!” I cried, and death laughed, his eyes sparkling kindly.

“You mean why don’t I look like a human skeleton, or have pale skin and black hair? Simply mortal myths, child.” Death smiled kindly, and I nodded, confused.

“What choice do I have to make?” I asked, and Death paced to the end of the room, waving his hand over the door before turning to me.

“I have given you a choice, your final choice. Either you may stay in your true world with your cousin, back to the war, or you may go back to your past life, with your mother and father, your memories wiped of the wizarding world. Once you choose your fate, you may not choose again.” Death explained, putting a hand on my shoulder. I nodded.

“Do not make this choice lightly, and do not take it for granted, as it will not be offered again. Normally I would have you pass to the afterlife, but you are a brave girl, Lily Potter, and the world needs you, whichever one you choose. You are most unusual, and I have taking a liking to you.” Death said, and I smiled, before it fell off my face as I thought.

It was either go back to being an orphan, go back to the war zone, or I could go back to my normal life, with my old family and friends, back to the United States, back to 2011. I sat down, thinking. I turned to Death.

“What will happen if I stay in the wizard world?” I asked, and Death nodded in understanding.

“Your cover would be that you were killed in an earthquake.”

“And if I do go back, to my old life?” I asked, and Death thought for a moment.

“You will have died from Bellatrix’s curse, while Caiden would still be with Molly Weasley and her family, growing up with them, while in your old life he would have simply disappeared.” 

“Why wouldn’t Caiden come with me?”

“Caiden has finally found a place where he fits, a family that he loves, and loves him. Do not take me wrong, your parents did love Caiden, but they did not supply what he needed. It would be cruel to take him away from it now. You, however, are in a different circumstance and are able to choose. Choose wisely, child, for once you go, you may not come back.”

I thought for a moment longer before deciding. I told Death my request, and he nodded. 

“You have made your decision, child. I wish you luck in that world. Until I see you again.” Death said, and I closed my eyes as the world started spinning.

I don’t know when I came to, I just know that I did, and my body hurt. Not just aching hurt, but like someone had tried to burn me alive while dumping me into a pile of red ants. The pain hurt the most in this one spot on my neck, but I tried not to wince as it boiled. My body also felt cold, numb, and I jumped as I felt a large thump go in my chest as my heart started beating again, blood rushing through my body.