Grave: Punishments (Part 2)

Grave: Punishments ( Part 2 )

"Success and happiness, often blinds people to the trials of life.

He who enters the grave without any provisions is as though he wishes to sail the sea without a ship."

The punishments of the grave arent only for the non believers and hypocrites but also for some of the believers, because of their sins or short commings in their deeds.

Allah is the best Judge. He will, no doubt, give everyone a fair trial in the hereafter.

Why should a person who went around ruining peoples lives, murdering, raping, stealing, cheating, doing sorcery, spreading lies and gossips, etc etc, so easily be freed, just because he died?

Its easy to say sorry but its hard to forgive.

Whenever we think of forgiving that person, his betrayal flashes in our head everytime.

But whenever the flash of betrayal by that person enters our mind and we can't find the strength to forgive him, then lets just remember our betrayals ( with a 's' in the end ) when it comes to our religion and think of what we would do if Allah doesnt let go of our betrayals and doesn't forgive us..

Remember forgive a person who wronged you, the way you want Allah to forgive you.

And if that person genuinely regrets it while still alive, then thats justice in itself.

However rest assured, because if that person isnt sorry for his acts, then surely he will be punished and justice will either way be ours.

Allah ta'ala knows whats in the heart's of His slaves.

And so, let us, find it in our hearts to forgive those who have wronged us, because it is an act loved by Allah and when we cant even forgive someone how can we expect Allah to forgive us?

Few reasons for punishment of the grave:

1. Stealing/ taking something that doesnt belong to you/ cheating:

[Al-Bukhaari (4234) and Muslim (115)] narrated that Abu Hurayrah said: "We went out with the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) to Khaybar, and Allah granted us victory. We did not take gold or silver as booty, but we seized goods, food and clothes, then we set out for the valley. Along with the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) there was a slave called Rifaa'ah ibn Zayd. When we camped in the valley, the slave of the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) stood up and began to unpack his saddlebag, when he was struck by a (stray) arrow which proved fatal. We said, 'Congratulations to him, for he is a martyr, O Messenger of Allah.' The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: 'Not so, by the One in Whose hand is the soul of Muhammad, for the small garment that he stole from the booty on the day of Khaybar and which was not part of his share is burning like fire on him.'

That was just a piece a cloth that the boy stole, think about what would happen to people who cheat others and rob them of their money.

Be honest in your business and dont take advantage of the people you deal with, because if you do, then there would be a punishment much much more fierce than that on earth, waiting for you in the grave.

2. Slander and causing disruption.

3. Not purifying oneself:

The people who urinate and not purified themselves will be punished in their graves.

[Bukhari and Muslim report from Ibn Abbas]

that the Prophet (saws) passed by two graves and said, "Both of them are being tortured in their graves, and they are not being tortured for a major sin. This one did not use to save himself from being soiled with his urine, and the other used to slander (among the people to rouse hostilities, e.g., one goes to a person and tells him that so-and-so says about him such-and-such evil things)."