9

It feels...nice.

The moon is absent, the stars glow ever brighter and the silence is tranquil.

The journey is half over and couldn't have taken out anymore energy out of Louis than it already has, he's happily exhausted.

When they first shifted, Louis had an engraved mark in his brain specifically for his mate.

Harry is a large wolf with extended dark claws that rip through the earth's soil as he runs. His true form isn't at all what Louis expected, he imagined Harry to be beautiful, just like his second form, but he's the exact opposite. When Harry first transformed in front of him, he was horrified and saddened by the large amounts of battle wounds that left permanent marks across his core. Harry's wolf is anything but beautiful with his overly large pointed ears and extended canines.

To Louis, he looks like a ravaged beast.

It must have showed on Louis' face because Harry let out a low growl - turned his head. Feeling guilty, Louis said nothing, he feared that if he spoke he would just make the situation worse.

Quickly, Louis takes off his robe and took in a deep breath - he was shifting for the first time for his mate to judge and criticize, just like he did with him, and he can only hope he reached his Wolf's standards.

The bones and muscles in his body shifted and snapped, he being an Omega, it took the process a little longer.

His eyes were closed tight and he could feel the dirt beneath his paws, digging under his small claws. After a moment's time he opened his eyes to see the black beast before him taking in every detail of his furry body.

He had a mix of brown and gray coating his thick skin with small but noticeable dark claws. Louis' wolf was tiny in comparison to Harry's, he was the size of any normal wolf. Like his human form, his wolf had a deep set of blue eyes with a tiny pupil that took in every detail that was around him.

Louis stood on his four paws, his pink nose twitching at the new smells that suddenly bombarded him.

It was refreshing to be in his wolf form once again, he hasn't changed since his heat hit.

Louis trots after Harry, who started walking when his inspection of his mate is finished. Having shown no expression to what he thinks about Louis' mutt has him nervous. Is Harry disappointed in anyway? Is Louis not what he's expecting?

Maybe he just thought Louis was ordinary, which he was, but when it came to his mate, being ordinary wasn't very. . . Promising.

With much shorter legs than Harry had, Louis had to run just to keep up with the Alpha male. Harry wasn't even walking at a fast pace and Louis was jogging just to remain at his side.

It would be difficult for them to communicate while in Wolf form because they weren't mated so they couldn't mind link. They would have to figure each other out by growls, head nods and wild gestures.

Louis was hyper. His attention span was short and he got distracted easily. That was what Harry had gathered in a short amount of time as he witnessed Louis chase after all sorts of rodents only to chase another when it was spotted. He pounced on trees and rocks, looking like he was playing hopscotch. He growled at innocent bugs when they got to close and barked and yipped in triumph when he landed large jumps. Louis was absolutely ridiculous.

At that moment, the sun is passed the mid point in the sky and Louis is trying to nip at his hind legs as they run. He can feel the warm breath on his heels and as much as his instincts - as much as he wants too - he doesn't kick out his legs to throw him back by his throat. It will just cause him dead weight.