Ch•11- The Death Goodbye

"Get her" was the last thing I heard before running again.

I jumped up from the floor and sprinted the opposite way. The men yelled after me and fired their weapons. I covered my ears at the sudden noise, but I didn't slow down. Those obviously weren't normal Agents.

Maybe some of Loki's bad guys infiltrated the Carrier and are trying to get him back. Because those are nothing like the Agents that I have met today.

The sound of bullets penetrating the wall behind me caused a high pitch squeal to escape my lips. This was not how I imagined my day to go. First, the explosion.

Second, The Hulk.

Third, being chased by random guys with guns. I'm surprised that I haven't died yet. I'm always the first one to die in a video game, so not dying now is a little unbelievable. My feet seemed to move on autopilot as I ran though the carrier.

The Agents behind me were catching up quick. There's no way I'd ever be able to outrun them. I frantically searched for Someome. Dad, Steve, Fury, Natasha, anyone. What if I was all alone? That's my worst fear. Then, by some miracle, I saw Thor.

He was standing in the middle of an intersection in the hallway, nobody else was around. The lights on the ceiling were flickering on and off from the loss of power. He seemed to be searching for the right way to turn.

I ran straight at him, grabbing his muscular arm and planted myself behind him, he was now my shield. He looked over his shoulder and down, giving me a questionable look.

He held his hammer ready to swing in one hand "Thor" I said breathlessly, pointing my finger down the hallway where the Agents were. They were approaching around the corner "Bad guys, guns, that way!"

Thor turned around to face the enemy. He readied his hammer and extended one of his arms back to protect me "Stay back" he warned and swung his hammer to a circle, causing a gust of wind to blow my hair back. I squinted my eyes to try and see what was going on.

"You don't have to tell me twice, sir" I pressed my back to the wall next to him. The agents automatically fired their rifles at Thor once they rounded the corner.

Thor immediately blocked the tiny bullets using his hammer. Once the bullets stop, he threw the hammer directly at one of the men. His puny vest didn't stand a chance against the God of Thunder. As soon as the weapon came in contact with his chest, he was flung back. The sound of cracked ribs could be heard.
Just like a boomerang, Thor retrieved the hammer with his hand and glared at the two remaining.

"Whoa" My jaw dropped, I was astonished by his powers. Why can't I do something like that?
Once the other Agents saw what Thor did to their friend, they spun on their heels and ran back. They both knew that they couldn't take on Thor, not even in their dreams.

Thor watched them leave with a subtle smirk and then turned to face me "where's Banner?"

I placed both of my hands on the back of my neck, thinking back to the last time I saw him "Last I saw him..." My eyes widened "he was down in the equipment room. And he was big and green and... big!"

"You saw him?" Thor started down the narrow hallway that led to the equipment room but paused when I spoke. He stared at me wide eyed.

"Yeah, it's been an interesting morning" I grimaced because of all the pain. My back was throbbing, cuts from the explosion were bleeding, and I had a headache.

"Are you alright, young one?" He put his large hand on my shoulder comfortingly.

"I'm fine" I assured, checking behind my back to make sure that no one was there "but you should probably go deal with Banner. Nobody else here has the power to"