five

Jimin p.o.v

Promise me,

--

I could tell Jungkook had grown accustomed to my teasing and touches because instead of pushing me away like he usually would, he returned them.

Like in my office yesterday.

I sat at the cafeteria, reviewing various treatment plans and making sure each were suited to the patients' conditions. When I came upon Jungkook's, I immediately thought of his fingers on my lips.

God, I wanted to do the same to him as well, only with my lips on his.

I let myself wander to my fantasy, that Jungkook liked me as well. That he wanted to be mine. But I wasn't the type to take chances, the type to assume and ruin the chances of the perfect outcome.

So I'll wait for his words, whether they'll accept me or reject me. Until then, I'll savour him with the way things are.

I looked at my silver watch, reading 3 PM, meaning it was time for his lunch as well. So I stopped the nurse from entering his room and took the tray to his room myself.

"Good afternoon~" I greeted the smiling boy.

Jungkook did that a lot these days, smiled. It suited him.

I set the tray down and looked at his bed. Various magazines of the latest artists and their paintings were strewn across the bed messily and I shook my head. He noticed my observations and immediately tidied up the mess.

"Thanks for bringing the food," he quietly mumbled. He rejected the nurse's offer in wearing the hospital gown so he was dressed in his own, loose black shirt. It hung dangerously low beneath his collar bones, making me want to softly bite them.

Jimin, stop.

After a few minutes of eating in silence and me staring at the leaves falling outside the window, Jungkook shifted closer to me. I didn't recoil away.

He put his hand under the bed to reveal a small gift bag and handed it to me, without looking at me.

"For you," he quietly gleamed. I wanted to kiss his ears that were brightly shining a soft pink and his lips that he hesitantly chewed on.

I took the bag from his hands and opened it, wondering what he thought was so important to give to me. Wondering what he thought of me when he purchased this at the hospital's gift shop. Was it I like you too?

Just open the bag, Jimin.

So I did and my fingers grazed upon a thick light blue, leather spiral notebook.

"I know light blue is your favourite colour. Y-your ties are often light blue." He confessed with a sheepish smile.

"And your Words notebook was almost finished so I thought you'd like another one. You know, to write your favourite memorable words and stuff," he said the last words so quietly that I had to strain my ears to listen.

My favourite words, huh.

I plucked the pen from my lab coat's breast pocket and clicked it. I carefully opened the notebook, sound of fresh spine cracking and bright white paper staring back.

Jungkook held in his breath to see what I would write.

"You told me that this was for writing my favourite memorable words and well, you're right."

So I smoothed the first page of the notebook back, careful enough not to dent it or get a paper cut.

And wrote in careful and smooth writing,

Jungkook.

"I could fill this whole notebook with just this one word."

I took his hand in mine and carefully kissed each of his long, slim fingers, hoping he wouldn't pull them away.

He didn't.

Instead, when I let go of his hand, he hung his head down, hair brushing into his eyes and exhaled softly.

"T-thank you for accepting...m-it," he whispered without looking at me.

I knew what he'd stopped himself from saying and I wanted him to have the courage to say it, knowing I'll accept him no matter what.

I brang my face closer to his, forcing his brown orbs to meet mine.

"I am sorry, but I didn't hear what you'd said, Kookie."

He gulped and softly licked his lips.

He then shifted closer and whispered into my ear, sending shivers down my spine and through my heart,

"Thank you for accepting me."

He squeezed my hand and I smilingly nodded.

You get cuter each day.

I wanted to tell him that Hoseok wasn't the only one in his life he could turn to. I was standing there for him as well, when his scars begged to become wounds again.

He finally started wearing T shirts, allowing full view of his scars.

"Jungkook."

"Hmm?"

"I promise you," I told him.

He cocked his head slightly to one side, letting strands of his hair graze his pretty forehead and eyelashes.

"I promise you if you lose yourself,

I'll find you again."

--

you'll stay