003

Three | The New Vamp On The Block

Morning came and I slowly made my way out of my room in my underwear and a baggy shirt. I headed down the stairs, ruffling my wet hair between my hands as I entered the living room where Damon was pouring some blood from a bag into one of his glasses.

"Care for one?" He asked Stefan, who was curiously stood watching him.

"No, thank you." Stefan declined his offer, "I'm not hungry, just ate."

"I'll take one." I said, raising my hand in the air.

Both of their attentions turned on me. Damon's eyes wandered down my body as he grinned causing me to shoot him a harsh glare in response.

"Good morning, Cassie." Stefan greeted, "Just about."

"Hm, morning, Stefan." I replied with a smile, feeling refreshed from sleep. In reality it was about twelve in the afternoon.

Stefan looked back towards his brother, turning his attention to the blood in the glass he was holing, "I'm just happy that's a blood bag and not a sorority girl supplying your food."

I scoffed at Damon as I sat down, "And you were harrassing me about having a bite."

I snatched the glass from his hands as Stefan frowned at me, disappointed, "Cassie, you didn't..."

"Look, I'm sorry, I really couldn't help myself. But he was delicious." I smirked not only referring to the blood but also his looks. I noticed Damon roll his eyes, "Besides I didn't kill him."

In a split second, Stefan changed the subject, "Have you heard from Katherine?"

Damon also changed the subject, "I think the Lockwood's have a family secret because the Gilbert device affected them but vervain didn't so they're not vampires, they're something else."

"Not witches either, didn't affect Bonnie one bit." I added, thirstily drinking the blood from my glass.

"Is this your new obsession?" Stefan questioned Damon. I figured they were still in a fight considering Damon had kissed, who he thought was, Elena.

"You'd rather some unknown supernatural element running rampant upon our town?" Damon frowned, "Fine, I'll drop it."

"We haven't seen the last of Katherine, you do know that right?" Stefan said, making me groan at her name, "We have no idea what she's up to."

"Sure we do." Damon retorted, "She came back to profess her undying eternal love for you, so I'm gonna let you deal with her because I have more important things to do like explode."

I groaned again, "Can we stop talking about her for one minute, I'm sick of her getting in your heads once again."

"Now there's an idea. Cheers!" Damon clinked our glasses together. Stefan clenched his jaw before storming out of the house, most likely to go find Elena.

Damon took the glass from my hands, "There's a carnival at the school starting soon, get ready, we're gonna hunt some Lockwood's."

I furrowed my brows, "Hey, I wasn't finished."

He drank the remaining blood from my glass, "Now you are."

He smirked at me; a ridiculous weakness of mine. It always had been. But I needed to stop myself from my feelings for Damon coming back. I quickly broke eye contact with him and excused myself from the room to get dressed.