part seven

Atticus was beaten and bruised. She had a very noticeable scar that dragged across the top of her left eyebrow down to the top of her lip. She had been a target of the Carrow's lately, but she didn't mind. She didn't mind having to take the blows as long as no one else had to.

Unfortantley, this didn't last very long.

Ginny and Atticus sat next to frantic first years. Atticus was trying her best to soothe one of the girl who had a red and swollen arm.

"What happened?" Atticus asked the now sniffiling girl. She gently lifted her sleeve to inspect the wounded arm.

"I-I tripped in front o-of the girl Carrow. S-She started laughing and she s-stepped on my a-arm." Ginny silently gasped, trying to hold in the shock. Atticus softly put down the young girl's arm.

"Come along, you have to see Madam Pomfrey." Ginny quickly stood to protest, but Atticus stopped her. "Her arm may be broken, she can't stay like this."

Atticus tightly gripped the girls' unharmed hand and pulled her along the empty, dark halls. She could hear the girls quiet sobs as they hurried through the hall trying to avoid any death eaters.

"YOU THERE." Shouted a gravelly voice. Atticus tensed and held the girl behind her protectively. She quickly whispered to the first year, "Do you know where the Hospital Wing is?" The girl nodded frantically. "Tell Madam Pomfrey that Atticus sent you, quickly go. Be careful." She told the now crying first year. She pushed her into the direction of the Hospital wing gently and turned around to face the approaching figure.

Atticus couldn't remember much. She remembered the feeling of fire flowing through her veins. She remembered the dark voice that cursed her until she could feel no more. She remembered hearing Harry's voice. She couldn't tell if she was dreaming or not, she hoped she wasn't. She could feel hands gripping her upper body and legs, she could feel people lifting her body. She could distantly hear Neville's concerned voice speaking to Ginny, or was it Luna. She didn't know, she was too tired to care.

When Atticus woke up, she was in the common room. Ginny was seated next to her, placing a damp rag on her head.

"What happened?" Atticus mumbled, trying to sit up.

"Thorfinn Rowle saw you while you were taking Sasha to the Hospital Wing. He hexed you as soon as you turned around."

"Sasha?" Atticus questioned.

"She's the first year who was with you, she saw everything that poor girl." Atticus nodded numbly.

"Ginny, I heard him." Atticus had whispered softly after a while of silence. She lifted herself and turned to sit crossed legged in front of the fire.

"Who? Harry?"

Atticus nodded sadly, tears brimming her eyes. But, she didn't let them fall. She couldn't let them fall.

"It was faint, but I knew it was him. Maybe it was a memory or something. I don't know, but, Merlin, was it good to hear his voice. It was good to feel close to him, even if it was all my head."

Ginny gave Atticus a sympathetic glance and rubbed her back. She didn't know how to comfort Atticus, but she tried her best. When Atticus and Ginny parted ways to go to bed, Atticus had snuck back down stairs. She had a blank piece of parchment, her quill, and ink with her. She was seated at one of the tables, her quill in hand. She felt the need to write to him, but nothing was coming to mind. She felt too weak, too tired to write anything. Atticus sighed and rubbed her face.

Maybe another time. She thought to herself as she walked back up the stairs to her dorm.