Chapter 15

Percy POV
It was the day of the Yule Ball.

Professor Dumbledore had said that he'd sorted it out so I just went with it.

The time I spent in those stupid Dance classes was a waste though.

A few days before the Ball, I was worried about what I was gonna we'd but thankfully, the next day, I had found some formal wear in my trunk.

It had a green trident sewn into the inside hem of the back of the neckline where the label should have been so I could only assume that it was Hecate's doing.

It wasn't really a dress robe, it was more like a tuxedo.

Whatever, I didn't really care what I wore, so long as it was okay for the event.

I was about to leave my room to go to the hall when I heard a knock on my door.

Wondering who it could be, I opened the door only to be left speechless.

It's not... it can't be... is this a prank...? I thought.

Her beautiful golden curls were glossy and pinned back. Her skin had a bright glow to it. Her deep, grey eyes glistened and with her pretty long eyelashes framing them.

She was staring at me grinning, as I stood there with my mouth hung open.

'Well, Seaweed Brain, are you just gonna stand there or are you gonna take me to your little ball,' she said.

'Annabeth!' I breathed. 'Is that really you?'

'Of course it's me, who else would I be?' She said playfully rolling her eyes. 'I didn't think it was possible but I think that you've actually gotten stupider in the last few months!'

'Hey! I'm not stupid!' I exclaimed to which she simply rolled her eyes at me.

'What're you doing here? How did you get in?' I asked.

'Well when you called about your date predicament, I knew that you weren't gonna go with any other girls so I talked to Chiron and he had a word with the principal, Albus Dumbledore and arranged for me to come here,' she explained.'Oh my gods Percy, have you SEEN the architectural brilliance of the structure of the castle? The turrets are so beautiful perfectly complimenting the-'

I leaned in and kissed her effectively cutting off her rambling.

'You have no idea how much I've missed you,' I said breaking the kiss and leaning my forehead to hers.

'I've missed you too,' she said almost touching her lips to mine. 'I'm so glad that Professor Dumbledore let me come here. Oh, and Merry Christmas!'

I pulled away from her.

I had completely forgotten that it was Christmas.

'How long are you here for? Please tell me that you're staying here till the end of the semester?' I asked hopefully.

'Percy, you know I can't do that; I still need to help rebuild the cabins that got destroyed and design the cabins of the gods and goddesses that still don't have their own cabin, like your sister Kymopoleia. Besides, even if I did have the time, I couldn't attend this school because I'm not a witch,' she said. 'I'm only here for a day and a half, I'm leaving tomorrow evening.'

'What?! You're only staying for a day? You're only staying for a day. I can't believe this!'

'A day and a half, Percy. It's better than nothing,' Annabeth said.

I sighed. Better enjoy the time I have with her.

I reached my arm out for her to link her own arm through.