Summary

A1 -of the finest quality: first-rate

Don - top of the tier, a boss

Andy De Palma grew up in a mostly Italian neighborhood in the Bronx, New York City. Her father and mother both were originally from Italy and moved to the America where they settled down and made a name for themselves. Her father, Ignazio "Iggy" De Palma got comfortable within his neighborhood and started his very own gang, which he loves to call a 'family.' Soon, The De Palma Family became a notorious gang that caused turmoil throughout the streets of New York. The family was all about Italian pride, dealing drugs, looking out for each other and killing anyone who stepped in their way. Instantly, they made rivals with other Italian gangs but with time they conquered all. Now, Iggy is retired from his position as the head honcho of the De Palma Family. He gave the business to his brother, Pauly, and moved with his wife and two daughters to Santa Monica, California.

The De Palma Family was known nationwide, and small clusters of gangs of the family were in different cities in different states. Santa Monica had become the main headquarter for all gang activity. Andy, being raised in a household that encouraged violence and pride easily adopted herself into the gang. Once she was 18, she officially initiated herself into the entourage as well with two of her best friends, Leo Ricci and Lin Bruno. The three names became known throughout the gang and the streets of California within a four year span, and now the three had quickly rose to the top. They could get anything they wanted because of their status. They traveled near and far, making drug deals, murdering anyone who disrespected their family and making connections.

Andy loves her life and wants to be just like her father. She wants to be able to be a family woman but also not work 9 to 5 like regular people. Now, that she's twenty-two, she's enjoying the single life but also actively looking for someone to call hers. This is when Andy runs into Delaney Hershey, a fresh out of college student whom is attempting to follow the path of becoming a doctor like her adopted parents. The hopeful soon to be a doctor, and the notorious gang member somehow connect and some things flourish while others wither.