Chapter 30~Brave Slytherin

(Blaise)

"I would never dream of hurting her." I said softly. He looked to me slightly disbelieving. "The thought never crossed my mind Weasly." I said with strength behind my words, after all it never did.

"I believe you. Now what is it that you came here for? All of a sudden a group of children flooded this wing." He said strained.

"I came here with Draco and Pansy. We are here to tell you Hermione is not dead." I replied.

A smile spread across his face. "She's alright?" He mumbled with a look of relief.

"Draco has her back at the manor, I need you to tell the kids Hermione Granger is alive," I said with a smile, "and we are your allies."

"Why should I believe Malfoy?" He asked.

"Because Malfoy is the one who arranged with from the start. He is the one who made the plans to get her if something goes wrong. He's the one who convinced everyone he's evil. He is the one who knew in order to keep Hermione the safest he had to make it look like he hated her, or she would have been killed along time ago." I said exasperated.

"He loves her?"

"More than you'd know, trust me I've known that boy since we were children. She's all he's thought of since that first train ride here when she walked into our compartment." I said smiling.

George smiled and turned around, "Come out now. He's out friend."

Slowly younger years came out. I saw a few first years that were trapped in the Slytherin common rooms with Pansy.

"Do you all know Pansy? She has black hair and light skin." I said softly, a few of the children nodded.

"I am her friend, she's in another wing of the castle. Don't worry, I will protect you the same way she did."

"W..when can we go home?" One of the children cried. He stood in front of a little pack a few steps behind him.

I walked up and kneeled in front of the crying boy, he looked like he was trying so hard not to cry but failing in the end.

"What house are you in?" I asked.

"G..Gryffindor." He mumbled.

"You know, it's okay for a Gryffindor to cry all right." I said with a small smile.

"N..no I... I need to be brave," he said determined, "for them." Pointing back at the huddle of children shaking in fear of what's to come.

"Not all bravery can be shown though not crying," I took his little hand in mine, "sometimes it's the bravest people who cry. It's okay for them too, they have been very strong just like you have."

"B..but."

"No buts, it's okay to rely on the other houses and your friends. I'm a Slytherin, but I'm doing something brave right now."

"You are?"

"Yes. Those bad people, I know them. Some are my friends, some are my family. But what they are doing is wrong. Us Slytherin have to be brave too you know. So you take a break from being brave, I'll do it for you okay?" I said soothingly.

The boy nodded and smiled to me, tears still rolled down his face. I squeezed his hand a bit then let it go, as I did he ran off to the other children. 

"You know mate,"George's voice began behind me, "I'm glad your the one to got my sister."

I turned to him with a smile still on my face, "you have no idea how glad I am too."

~~~
Please leave a like/comment