25- real life

Liberty pulled her hair into a bun before reaching to grab the last slice of pizza. Chris watched her every move, almost as if he was studying her.

"So RDJ, Renner and Sebastian just texted me saying that they're on their way to your place." Chris said, tossing his phone onto the sofa.
Liberty's eyes snapped up to him and she smiled.

"Wait until they find out there's no more pizza." She laughed and Chris watched her as she threw her head back. She looked up at him with a big smile on her face and he made note of all the creases in her face.

"What?" Liberty asked, looking Chris in the eyes. "Do I have pepper flakes in my teeth?"

Chris shook his head and smiled, "It's nothing." There was a sudden knock on the door to Liberty's condo and Chris couldn't help but roll his eyes.

"Liberty Belle Carter, you open his door right now!" Jeremy called from the outside of the door, while pounding on the door.

"Sounds like my dad's here." Liberty joked, while getting up from the sofa. She made her way to the door and Chris made himself sink into the couch.

He was mentally beating himself up, he wanted to tell her about all the problems he'd been having with Minka and how he was scared he was going to get hurt again. But he couldn't possibly bring himself to do it with all of their friends here.

Chris watched as Sebastian, Jeremy and RDJ took up spaces on the sofa and looked right at him. "You guys finished all the pizza?" Sebastian asked.

"That was not me. That was all her." Chris commented, pointing his finger at Liberty accusingly. Liberty just smiled and shrugged.

"Well then how about we go out?" Robert suggested, "We could go to the beach or something."

Liberty smiled and nodded, "Yes. The beach, let's go. It's only a five minute walk from here."

Everyone stood up and began walking to leave Liberty's condo and make there way to the beach. Chris trailed behind everyone slowly, looking everywhere to make sure that they were all okay.

Liberty slowed down so she could walk beside Chris. "Hey Chris." Liberty looked up at him and smiled.

"What's up?" Chris looked down at Liberty and smiled, he was only a few inches tall then her but it still required them to look up or down to see one another.

"I was wondering if you wanted to come to Victory's wedding with me. Like be my plus one?" Liberty smiled at him, "I mean I know I'm going to be busy most of the time running around being a maid of honor and what not. But the few moments I do get to slow down and enjoy it I want to do it with you."

Chris smiled at her words, and held himself back from leaning down and kissing her. Oh, how he wanted to kiss her. But all he could do was say, "Yes."