Chapter 14: Sunday Funday

Rori Everhart

I sat in the window seat of my bedroom reading for the third time the same sentence in my history text book. I tried to ignore the sunshine that streamed in through my window. It such a pity that I'm spending such a beautiful day inside studying. I sighed. I looked at my window and down at the garden below. Despite the fact that we are half way into September the garden was still blooming with flowers, the grass a bright green, and the trees with all their leaves intact. I turned my attention back to the text book trying figure out just how revolutionary was the American revolution. I was finally getting past the first paragraph when my cellphone buzzed announcing a text.

 Are you busy? It read and I quickly texted Alex back.

 I'm in the middle of a revolution.

 I don't know where things really stand with him, even though he apologized I don't know how much of it was really sincere. I suppose I'll just have to go with it but maybe I'll be more careful from now on. My phone buzzed again.

 Him: I'm sure George can wait.

 Me: Depends, what do you want?

 Him: Isn't it a lovely day outside?

Me: Sure is :)

 Him: Wouldn't it be nice to head to the beach?

 Me: Sure would be. Are you inviting?

 Him: Only if you're saying yes ;)

 Me: The beach it is then.

 Him: Be there at one. Mind if I bring my sister along?

 Me: Nope I don't. See ya.

 I put my phone down and looked at my watch. I have about twenty minutes to get ready. I threw my text book to the side and quickly made my way to my closet. I got a beach bag and stuffed it with a towel, sunscreen, and my wallet. I grabbed my Hawaiian print bikini and quickly put it on, not that I was going to let anyone see it. I threw on some khaki shorts, a white cotton tank top and powder blue button down shirt. I let my hair down and put a hair tie around my wrist for later. I checked the time again, 1:05. I slipped into some comfy flip flops before grabbing my bag and heading down stairs. I heard the door bell ring.

 "I'll get it," I shouted as I raced down the stairs. I opened the door and smiled. Alex and Carly stood before me. Alex smirked at me while Carly gave me a wide smile. They were both dressed for the beach. Alex wearing a pair of beach shorts that were a nice color of blue along with a white wife beater that showed off some bicep tricep action and some plain brown sandals. Carly on the other hand wore shorts with a Pink Floyd t-shirt over her black bathing suit.

 "We have an issue," Alex said.

 "What?" I asked.

 "We don't all fit on my bike," he replied. “Yeah, no kidding. I mean, how’re we going to fit with your fat ass taking up all the space?” I replied jokingly. I saw Carly laugh and Alex scoff.

 “What is with everyone trying to insinuate that I am fat?” He turned to Carly before turning to me again. I giggled. “Because you give us reason to.” I said.

 “Well we can't take my car because its only a two-seater so we'll have to take a pick in the garage," I said, "MILES, I’M GOING TO THE BEACH. I’LL BE BACK LATER.” I yelled, loud enough that he can hear me from the kitchen. I turned to face them once again. “Shall we?" I asked pointing towards the garage. I saw their jaws dropped at the number of cars lined up, but sad enough, I only had one. "My dad's big on collecting," I told them.