f o u r t e e n

phil

"we started having problems and communication lacked between us. we barely even talked in those days and whenever we did it was just awkward smiles and fake laughter. i could feel it, the hesitation on his lips when he kissed me and the way he looked at me warily, with no emotion. i knew he was falling out of love with me," the younger boy took a deep breath, and my hand travelled up to his hair, massaging his scalp lightly as he tightened his grip on my waist.

"we tried, our relationship stretched and stretched to the point where it was almost impossible to handle. i wasn't in a state to make things work and he had simply stopped trying so i knew it was inevitable. we had to part ways someday," he had stopped crying now, only occasionally wiping his eyes or biting his lip harshly. his grip was tight on my torso, and mine was around his shoulders as his head rested on my chest, giving me a good view of his beautiful features.

i was snapped out of my thoughts when he started speaking again.

"i was the one who broke up with him, it was my seventeenth birthday, and he came over with his mum at midnight to wish me. i had decided that i would tell him as soon as i saw him next and if i didn't do it that day, i knew that we would be trapped in this cycle forever. he tried reasoning with me, telling me that it was his fault and he loved me but i knew that was a lie. he was just lying to himself because he didn't want to hurt me. we tried talking about things and i told him that he deserved someone better but he just refused. he pushed me for the first time since we met that day and he told me i was a horrible person and that he never wanted to see my face again," his voice cracked but no tears slipped his eyes as he closed them, his fingers crumpling my jumper out of frustration.

"he wasn't lying when he said that," he finally opened his eyes, inhaling deeply before shifting in his position to bury his face in my neck. i could feel my cheeks heat at the action and i cleared my throat slightly before tightening my grip on him, allowing him to breathe deeply against my skin.

"i tried calling him, texted him, tried contacting his mum but he just wouldn't speak to me. and the last memory i had of him was him screaming in my face but i was okay with that, i'm sure he has found a much better person to be with anyway," his lips brush lightly against my skin as he speaks and i tilt my head to look down at him. his eyes are glossy, caramel irises glinting under the dim light of the elevator and his lips are pink and slightly chapped.

i can feel his eyes lingering on my face, as they travel from my eyes to my lips a few times before he leans forward. his breath is hot on my face as my eyes drop shut, and just before our lips can touch, the elevator floor tremors, causing his head to bump harshly into the wall and my body to roll backwards.

--

sECOND LAST CHAPTER AAAA
(show me some love, hit that star button)