Partying With the Preps... And Myself.

~Chapter Two~

Nathan

Well, sneaking out of school turned out to be easier than expected. We didn't get caught, thank god, and easily made it to Adi's expensive car. Adi's dad, Kegan Quinn, is a CIA agent and him and his family is filthy rich. I'm not even exaggerating. On Adi's sixteenth birthday, Kegan and his wife, Larrin, had gotten her a brand new Dodge Charger. A black one. Since my family has been struggling lately, it's hard not to be jealous of her.

                Once we were in, she blasted dubstep and sped off. She rolled down all the windows and squealed. I couldn't help but join her. She was just too much fun. I raised my hands out of the sunroof and sang with Adi. As we pulled up to a red light, we stopped beside a car full of pretty attractive guys. I didn't recognize them, only meaning they didn't go to our school. Of course.

                A few called out for Adi, using the usual names including "beautiful" or "hot". Of course they had to be straight. Lucky me. So, in pure awkwardness, I sat there, keeping my eyes on Adi's dashboard. Addison revved her car, almost as a challenge. The boys whooped and revved right back. If I knew Addison during a challenge, she'd kick your ass. She winked at them, then gripped the wheel tightly, ready to slam on the gas when the light turned green. I glanced at the car full of boys and they also go into ready position. I started to panic. What the hell do I do?!?! I instinctively grabbed the edges of the seat and held my breath.

                Right as it changed, both cars took off, and only one had the girlish scream of absolute terror. Adi's. She started busting up laughing, speeding off and beating the boys. That's when I realized, the scream was coming from me! Addison kept driving, cutting off the boys and going super-fast to Jake's place. I began hyperventilating, my eyes wide open. I gasped for air, trying to catch my breath as Addison's car joined the many others in Jake's big ass driveway.

                Addison got out and instantly stripped off her T-shirt. My eyes were wide. "Adi!! What the hell?!" She started laughing at me again and stepped into view. She had a belly shirt on that showed off her cute belly button piercing that she begged me to come with her to get.

                "Relax, Nathan!!" She fixed her skinny jeans and slipped on black heels. I stared at them. How do girls even walk in those? It's like walking on a toothpick... One wrong step and you're in a cast. I shivered at the thought and got to Adi's side. Of course she had to "fix" my hair and spray me with her guy cologne that she bought me but my mom would never let me wear. She always told me it smelled like sex. Does sex even have a scent? I guess my mom would know.... I shivered again.

                Addison grabbed my hand and led me inside. Instantly, the smell of cheap beer and cigarette smoke hit me. I almost gagged. I stayed at Adi's side, afraid of losing her. Obviously, this house has never seen the light of day. All the blackout blinds were down, lights flashed everywhere, and music bumped against the walls. Some people were already drunk. Addison pulled me into the kitchen and looked around. She hummed, trying to find something to drink. I gently touched her shoulder.