Confronting the Danger Himself

~Chapter Seventeen~

Jake

I stayed with Nathan throughout his workout, and he honestly did better than I thought.

Although there were some tears, he got through it. Once we got home, he was out like a light. I only stayed for a bit since I had to get home. Tomorrow was where my father was training us, meaning we got to skip school. It was Friday, therefore I got to miss test day!

However, I don't get to see Nathan until night, but tomorrow would be where I confront Cayden about him going after Addison. He knew she had a crush on him, and he was using her love against her... Just like with Jessica...

In the morning, my mom came in and explained to me what my father was looking for. Of course I would be practicing against my Beta, Liam. He was strong, but over time I had gotten stronger. A little bit later, father came in with Liam and wished us luck.

~*~

"Boys and girls!" My father yelled, making all of us shut up. We all glanced at him, and listened. "You all know what today is. Whoever wins in this small battle will be put into the front line of our defenses against the Rogue's." Still silence was among us. My father looked over us all. "As you may know, Rogue wolves have been on the edge of our land, and it doesn't seem like they want to pay us a pleasant visit." I swallowed hard.

Rogue wolves. Vicious beings that no one really understood... We had put a fence around our territory, but that wouldn't stop them. It was more of protection of the children that resided here with us. They knew to never go outside the territory, or else we could no longer help them...

"As a result, I wish to see some vigorous fighting, and no mercy. We will stop you individually when it seems as if you or your partner has won," my father continued. "I wish you the best of luck, my children, and I will see you all at noon." He nodded at Liam's father, Matt, to start us.

"You all heard your Alpha!" He yelled out. "Begin when the bell sounds at the third ring, and we will stop you individually. Change at the first ring." He glanced at two guard wolves, and nodded. They pulled a rope, and the bell rang once.

I smiled at Liam and changed, watching him. 'I wish you luck, my friend,' I said through our minds. Liam changed as well and smirked at me.

'You too, brother,' he chuckled. All the others changed by the second ring. I took a breath, awaiting the third ring. By the third bell sound, we went at it. Snarls and bites and teeth were all over. The point wasn't really to draw blood, but to hold them defenseless. I didn't feel much pain as I fought Liam, but I could tell he was in pain. I didn't mean to, but I had to keep my title as future alpha!