Theon Greyjoy X Stark!Reader - More than a lady: Part 2

"I need to speak with you, Y/N," your father's voice interrupted, sounding ever so serious against the stupid quarrel you had started between your brother. You looked up at him with a smile, you had always enjoyed causing little spats between the two boys and allowing them to bicker with you often made you laugh. When you saw the stony expression on his face, you stopped, your smile fading as you stood to follow him.

"What's wrong?" you asked as soon as the door into the Great Hall shut softly behind you. He let his lips fall into a frown, scaring you even more. "Father?" you pressed, brow furrowing in worry.

"I'm sorry, Y/N, I received a raven from Pyke," he paused as he watched your face fall, "Balon has refused the marriage proposal, he said his son will only ever marry an IronIslander." He watched in horror as your eyes filled with tears, reaching out to you and pulling you to his chest as you sobbed harshly. You had never met anyone like Theon and you loved him with all of your heart, but his father had always been a stubborn old man, despite his son's love for you. You soon pulled away from your father, rubbing at your sore eyes and looking up to meet his sad ones.

"Theon will not take this well, I should be the one to tell him," you told your Father, who nodded in response.

"Go to your chambers, you can wait until after we eat to tell him," he told you ruffling your hair with his hand before turning to walk to the top table. "Send in Cassel when you leave," he added as he seated himself at the centre.

You were soon out of the hall and after you told Cassel to enter you walked down the long hallway that led to your bed chambers. "Y/N," you heard Robb and Jon call out together, running up behind you as you ducked your head, not wanting them to see your tear stained face and red eyes.

"Who do you think would win in hand to hand combat, The Kingslayer or The Hound?" Robb speaks, slowing down as he reached your side, keeping at your pace as you remained silent. 

"Y/N?" Jon asked causing you to look up at him, eyes red and brimming with tears once more. "Have you been crying?" he asked in shock, causing you to reach your hands up to wipe at your face. It was unusual for the boys to see you actually cry, of course they had seen you cry from joy but you hated being seen as weak by your brothers, often hiding your tears from them.

"Nothing," you answered quickly, your voice giving way, causing you to clear your throat. "I'm sorry but I want to be on my own for a little while," you added softly, turning to walk away as quickly as you could manage. You reached your chambers quickly, pressing the door shut and leaning against it, taking deep breaths to calm yourself. 

As you cried you could hear shuffling feet outside the door. "What do you think is wrong with her?" you heard Jon ask followed by a brief silence.

"I don't know," Robb answered quietly, sounding surprisingly worried considering his usually relaxed personality.

"Do you think it was Theon?" Jon spoke, followed by a long pause.

"If he's hurt her I'll kill him," Robb spoke roughly, "and then, I'll kill you for encouraging them," he added, his voice gruff.

*Time skip*

You awoke in your own bed, comfortable and tucked in. You couldn't for the life of you remember getting in to bed, only the events leading up to you falling asleep on the cold, stone floor of your chamber, your face and eyes red from crying.

"Y/N, are you awake?" you heard your mother speak from her perch on the other side of your bed and you nodded as you turned in over to look at her face. "Your father told me about Balon's decision," she told you placing he sewing to the side and allowing you to cuddle into her side as she wrapped an arm around you. There was suddenly a sharp set of knocks on the door and you knew who was there immediately. "Enter" Catelyn spoke, not yet looking up as the door swung open allowing Theon to enter.

"Your Father told me you had been taken ill," Theon told you softly, "I thought you might like me to keep you company," he added sheepishly as your mother looked up at him.

As you went to speak your mother interrupted you, "I do not think that would be a good idea Theon," she spoke softly as she watched the boy from her spot beside you. "But thank you for your concern," she added when he did not leave immediately.

"Yes, Lady Stark, I can come by tomorrow if now is not a good time," he started, a small smile playing on his lips as you went to speak again.

"You shall not be required," your mother uttered again as she stood from your bed ushering him out of your chambers. "Good night, Theon," she told him as she shut the door behind him.

"That was rude," you told her with a frown. "It wasn't his fault, and he's sure to realise I'm not ill when I'm out of bed tomorrow," you added as she came back to your side.

"It is for the best if you try to forget about him," she told you softly, hand coming to smooth down your hair, "no more spending time with the boys."

"But I like spending time with them, they do the things that Sansa finds boring," you told her, a frown pulling at your lips.

She shook her head at you as she moved to leave you alone. "Just remember that you will never marry him, Y/N. His father will see to that, and most Lords will not take a wife who would rather sword fight than sew," she spoke finally as she shut the door, leaving you alone.

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x