xxi. Method to the Madness

Chapter Twenty-OneMethod to the Madness

Chapter Twenty-One
Method to the Madness

★ ★ ★ ★

Diana marched down the hallway, with Steve not far behind her. She carried the weapon in her hand and as she entered the lab, she loudly dropped it onto a table.

"What is Phase 2?" Tony asked, unaware of the two that had just entered. Fury, Bruce and Tony all glanced at each other then at the two that had just entered dramatically.

"Phase two is S.H.I.E.L.D. uses the Tesseract to make weapons," Diana announced while Steve glared at Fury. This was one of the reasons why she didn't want to be involved, man had still not changed. Diana glanced at Tony, "Sorry, your computer was moving a little slow for us."

"Rogers, Prince, We gathered everything related to the Tesseract. This does not mean that we're making—" Fury attempting to explain before being interrupted by Tony.

"I'm sorry, Nick. What, were you lying?" Tony asked, showing a set of blueprints for the weapon.

"I was wrong, Director. The world hasn't changed a bit," Steve remarked. Diana scoffed at his statement, furious at both him and Fury. Steve had been the one to convince to fight once again, only for Diana to discover that nothing had truly changed.

"Did you know about this?" Bruce asked, as Thor and Natasha entered the laboratory.

"You want to think about removing yourself from this environment, doctor?" Natasha suggested, wary of the man who had begun to grow angrier by the second.

Bruce scoffed and said to her, "I was in Calcutta. I was pretty well removed."

"Loki's manipulating you," Natasha informed him. Diana furrowed her eyebrows, Loki's play was to unleash the Hulk?

"And you've been doing what exactly?" Bruce retorted at the ginger woman. Diana narrowed her eyes at their conflict, her eyes flickering between the two.

Natasha smirked, "You didn't come here because I bat my eyelashes at you."

"Yes, and I'm not leaving because suddenly you get a little twitchy," Bruce caustically said. Diana noticed he was the closest person to Loki's scepter. "I'd like to know why S.H.I.E.L.D. is using the Tesseract to build weapons of mass destruction."

Fury sighed and pointed at Thor and Diana, "Because of them."

Diana raised an eyebrow, "Excuse me?"