xxv. Left Legacy

Chapter Twenty-FiveLeft Legacy

Chapter Twenty-Five
Left Legacy

★ ★ ★ ★

"Despite the devastation of what has been confirmed an extraterrestrial attack, an extraordinary and heroic group known as Avengers has been to many a cause, not only for comfort, but for celebration..."

"I love you, Thor!"

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!"

"These so called 'heroes' have to be held responsible for the destruction done to the city. This was their fight. Where are they now?"

"Wonder Woman was amazing! I've only ever read about her, but to see her in action is just a whole other experience."

"Captain America saved my life. Wherever he is and wherever any of them are, I just want to say thank you..."

Steve exited the bedroom to find Diana watching the news about yesterday, otherwise known as the Battle of New York. After having caught Loki and delivering him a new containment cell, where Thor would monitor him until the two left, the Avengers had been able to return to their homes or temporary living arrangements. For Steve and Diana, they were lucky enough to be able to go home.

Steve had attempted to talk to Diana and apologize but when the Amazon entered her bedroom, she had fallen into a deep and well-needed sleep. Steve simply placed a blanket over her and left her to rest.

The following morning, Diana had woken up earlier than the blonde and was watching the news about the events from the previous day.

The Avengers had a rendezvous set for today, in which Thor and Loki would travel back to Asgard and the team would go their separate ways for the time being.

Steve exited the guest bedroom to find Diana dressed and ready to leave. The Amazon glanced at him and said, "Ready?"

"Let's go," He said and picked up the keys to his bike. Diana furrowed her eyebrows, "Are we taking your motorcycle?"

Steve was halfway out the door when he turned around and said, "Is that a problem, Prince?"

Diana rolled her eyes at his mocking tone and sent him an amused smile, "Lead the way."

Steve grinned, extending his hand to her. Diana placed her hand in his and was led out of her apartment, to the parking lot where Steve had his old, motorcycle parked beside Diana's car.