Part 3

Ruthless Obsession
.....................................

11th july.., 2016, New York.
Location : Nivaans guest house.
.................
Nivaan is now sitting on his couch..,
And started browsing about this publication house which he has to  take up very soon..
He checked every employee's profile in their website so as to make things easy to  for him..
He also managed to get mr. Jayanth's  no.  ( manager of  SPH,  India ) and talked to him about his visit... And also asked him to get his cabin ready..
In that  huge guest house .., vth around 12 rooms., he prefers to live alone there... he didnt even appointed a  servent and cooks his own food..
Thats wat makes people go curious abt him..
They say that..,
     "People will find you intersting and mysterious until  they feel curious  abt you and your secrecy..."
............
2 days passed in the same way and now Nivaan  finally reached his new destination., India.., for the first tym..,unknown of the fact that this visit  will remain forever and make him go to infinite extents for just a 'Girl'..
........
"Welcome  sir..,  welcome to India."
....said Jayanth and handed a bouquet to Nivaan who just landed the flight..
"Sir..., I have read abt you in many articles..
Being the Gold medalist in management field that too in prestigious university of Toronto., and being one of the most desirable men in this field.. what not..
I have followed every news abt you sir... you are such an icon.."
.......praised Jayanth  vthout pausing.
"Mr. Jayanth...   you will nt be paid excess for praising me and  take me to the office first.
Iam looking forward to meet all the employees there.."
.....said Nivaan covering his 'Irish eyes' vth black shades and sat inside the car.
.......
Jayanth was taken aback by such rude answer and vthout any delay  he too sat inside the car beside the driver seat and started heading towards their office....
..........
There were around 22 employees working there and Jayanth  introduced  every one to Nivaan.., who just gave a 'not so important' look to everyone and finally  reached his cabin on the upstairs...
Nivaan started checking his table   and his eyes suddenly shifted to a 'manuscript' which is present on the table.
.......
It named " Listen to your soul"  and its about a 25 pages script.
Nivaan started reading it as he felt the title a lil cachy and  it all said abt how loneliness can make you know abt your iner soul.., there by knowing the worth of life..
After completing the entire script a small curve escaped frm his lips  and he wished to see the writer.
.........
He quickly called Jayanth to his cabin to find out abt this  'inspiring writer' bt  his smile soon faded after knowing that a 'Girl' had written all this..
..........
" Go and get that girl infrnt of me.., mr. Jayanth.."
.......said Nivaan  vth his eyevrows raised a little..
Jayanth : sir.., she must be on her way as its her reporting day today.. and  i wil make sure to bring her to you once she arrives..
....said jayanth  vth much politeness in his voice as he didnt  want to hear  another rude response by Nivaan Sinha.
........
Lathikas train was  late by half and hour and only 15 minutes left   to  start her new career
(Infact New life),in SPH.
Thankfully.., she found a riksha soon at the entrace of the railway station and reached the office before 5 minutes...
..........
For her its a huge office covering a large area and as she stepped inside the office.., she felt lyk she had reached to an another world..
People there seemed a lot dignified  vth suits and she also found some lady employees there bt are veryy differently dressed (infact rich formal dressing)..
She then looked around to  and stood there for a minute hoping that someobe would ask her,  where she has to go and all..
But people didnt gave a damn to her as if  she is invisible to them.
.............
Nivaan started checking the market status of SPH  in his laptop and just then he received a call from his grandpa.
He quickly lifted the call..., as he  was expecting that call.
"Hii.. grandpa.. i was just thinking abt you and then you called.."
...said Nivaan and stood frm his seat.
" Nivaan.., i was stuck in a meeting till now and soo i cant make out to get you till now..
And tell me one thing... how are you feeling there... is everything ok there..? Did u find anything familiar there..? "
....asked pratap questioningly as if there is something in India to which Nivaan is still kept unaware about.
"No.. grandpa..  hold on.. Iam nt a kid now"
....said Nivan and  came out of his cabin as he couldnt get the proper signal there..
He is now standing beside the store room on the left side facing his back to it..., and started talking...
............
Its been a while since lathika is standing in the middle of the office vth people passing by ang going vthout noticing her.
A peon.., then came to her and enquired abt her.
Lathika was glad that atleast someone cared her existence and showed him the offer letter..
The peon gave a look to the offer letter vthout opening it and said..,
" Mam.., i dnt knw how to read.. bt you can meet Jayanth sir "
....said the peon and showed her a man on the upstairs facing his back to them.
"He just now went to upstairs and  he may help you.."
....said the peon and left frm there..
.........
Lathika then adjusted her glasses to see the man bt she couldn't see his face.
She then started heading towards the steps vth the offer letter in her hand.
.......
The peon  saw Jayanth on his way and then holded his head for guiding the 'Girl' to wrong person..  but he don't know that the 'Girl' is destined  for Nivan..
..........
"Grandpa.. Iam very fine here and i need to look after lot of things  as this is  our new approach in India. Iam glad that u chose me for this office."
....said Nivan in his call to pratap sinha.
........
"Excuse me.,Sir..."
....Nivan heard a low and gentle female voice frm behind..,
And without turning behind he just stared at the shoes of the girl which were worn out a little.., frm the corner of his eye and then gestured her towards the store room and said...,
" Go there.."
Pratap Sinha (on call) : Nivaan.. i think u are bysy now..  go on vth your work and call me once you reach the guest house.
.....said pratap and cut the call..
.................
Lathika..,  just followed the direction  to which 'He' gestured her and it was a messy place vth full of cardboards and filled vth dust..
She then realised that it's a store room.
She started looking around the place  as to why that 'Man' asked her to wait here and all of a sudden she heard a voice frm behind and shifted her gaze towards the voice.
......
" heyy.., can u pls help me in  lifting the cardboard.. its soo heavy.."
...said an old man wearing a blue uniform..
Lathika quickly kept her hand bag  and letter aside and joined  him to lift that stuff.
"Sir.., u look too weak.. i dnt think u can clean all this stuff alone...  just  tell me where to keep all this and i will do that.."
.....said lathika and tied her dupatta., around her back and started shifting things., sideways,making a path in the middle.
..........
" Sir..,  did  that 'girl' met you..!! umm.. i forgot her name.. i mean sorry sir.. but i heard that  the writer girl.., came upstairs as  the peon had guided her to you.."
....said Jayanth  and stood there in Nivaan's cabin..., still remembering  her name..
Nivan whoz till now checking the  profit share of SPH in Indian market.,  gave an 'Angry look' to him and said..,
" No.... I didn't met her.."
And suddenly remembered something and said..,
" wait..., did u snd any female helper to clean the store room..??!!"
....asked Nivaan looking straight into  jayanth and widened his eyes..
" umm.. Noo.. No sir..  its a small store room.. and so i didnt felt any need for another helper..!!
Do u want me to send any helper.., sir..??!!"
...asked jayanth.., and took his phn in his hand...

"You may go Jayanth..!!"

....said Nivan and stood frm there.., and started  walking towards the store room as he understood.., what he did before..
...................
"Uncle.., should i move this cardboard box frm the window..?? Bcz this room is totally dark and it needs some ventilation.."
....said lathika and removed the cardboard that is covering the window of the store room..
...........
The sun rays are now directly falling into room and this made lathika to cover her face frm the sudden mrng light....
That's when she heard a male voice infrnt of her..,
"What the hell is going on here...??"
.....shouted Nivaan looking at the girl whoz covering her face  as the light is directly falling on her.
.............
Lathika slowly lowered her hands  in response to the voice that is shouting on her.
Nivaan is now looking at this 'Girl' infront of him.
He felt  his heart suddenly beating fast .., and he started checking out this 'Girl' infront of him.
.........
with messy hair.., dusky skin complexion..,  the girl  whoz revealing only her face as her entire body is covered vth some kind of bulk  blue chudidaar..and her dupatta tied around her back.., he is staring at her complete figure...
Not that he lyked her..,
bt she seemed different to him.. Till now he never saw such a girl whoz all messy and also wearing worn out pair of shoes.. Her eyes which were covered vth framed glasses, her roman nose.., and that little hole aside of her nose.., which is formed after removing the nose ring.. Her complete stature seemed different to him.
.......
But this was nt all...  As the sun rays are directly falling on her...,
her face seemed a little more focussed.., and then he saw the  'scar' on her  forehead at the left side...
His heart skipped a beat seeing that shining scar on her forehead and he didnt know the reason for it...
He  is just looking at her vthout uttering a word for past 2 minutes...
...........
Lathika came to her senses and quickly adjusted her dupatta.
"Sir..,  Iam new to this office and i  was said to wait in this room by someone in this office.."
....said lathika... and  took her offer letter in her hand and showed it to Nivaan..
........
Nivaan is now looking at the offer letter and started to opn it but before that lathika started to speak again..
"I was declared as the 'New face' of inspiring writer.., sir..
Umm.. Iam Lathika... Lathika Menon.."
.....introduced lathika to Nivaan who stopped opning the letter and shifted his eyes on her again...
..............
Next part tomorrow :)
Comment ur views :)

.........