Chapter 6- Trust Issues

Keyanna POV

The next morning when I woke up I noticed that Kimberly was still sleep. Sometimes I worry about her sleeping so much, but mom used to sleep a lot, so its probably normal. I slowly walked to the living room. My mom was sitting on the couch watching tv. A part of me thought that she would be gone when I woke up. I was surprised that she was still here.

"Good morning," she said as I took a seat next to her.

"Good morning," I replied. I was anxiously waiting to hear what she had to say. I prayed that it would be something good.

"YaYa, I know I have told you this before, but I really mean it now. I wanna stop. I have to get better for my babies. I only lost one baby, but im acting like I lost them all," she said. By this time she had broke down crying.

I moved over closer to where she sat. I wrapped my arm around her shoulders. I was crying too. I was happy that she was willing to try, but I didnt know how well this would  work.

"These next 3 months are going to be hard for you guys but we will get through it. Huey has convinced me to go off for rehab, instead of trying to do this myself," my mom said slowly.

When I heard that I pulled away from my mother. I just looked at her. I couldnt believe what I just heard. I know that we were always alone, but she couldnt just leave us here for 3 months.

"So you're just gonna leave us here alone for 3 months?" I asked her angrily.

"No Keyanna, Huey told me that he would stay here and watch you girls," she said, waiting for my reaction.

"You can't let that man stay here with us. We dont even know him. How can you trust him to live with us?" I asked. I was crying at just the thought of her leaving us here.

"Baby, trust me Huey would never do anything to hurt you or Kimberly. He may not have known you girls for a long time but he cares about me, so I know he will take care of y'all," she said.

"That makes no sense at all! You think that because he cares about you he wont hurt us. Im sure all child molesters care about someone. I'd rather just stay here by myself. I won't stay here with him," I yelled at her. I had major trust issues, that started a little after Kendrick was killed.

"Huey is not a child molester. Dont ever say that about him again. He would never do something like that to any child. And sorry to burst your bubble, but you have no choice but to stay with him. Im leaving tomorrow and he's moving in tonight," she said angrily. She walked back to her room and slammed the door.

I sat back and cried. I can't believe she would do this to us. I couldnt even be happy for her after I heard this. You cant just trust anyone around your kids. I would be willing to take the chance if it was just me, but I have to think about Kimberly as well. I had to clear my head, so I decided to go to the park. It was always a place for me to relax because I could see all the little kids, happily running around.

After waking Kimberly up and getting ready, we headed to the park. It was really close to our apartment, so we didn't have to walk far. I held her hand as we slowly walked down the street. I was debating on if I should tell Kimberly that our mom was leaving us for a while. She was still young and didnt fully understand that our mother had a problem, but she would notice that mom was gone for 3 months, especially with summer just beginning. She had been in Head Start at school but that ended last week.

"Kim, mom is going to be leaving for a little while tomorrow," I said, finally deciding to tell her.

"Why?" Kimberly asked as she looked up at me.