S Y N O P S I S

ARES III CREW
Melissa Lewis — Commander, Geologist
Chris Beck — Flight Surgeon, EVA Specialist
Mark Watney — Botany, Mech-Engineering
Rick Martinez — Pilot, MDV/MAV Specialist
Maia Watney — SysOp, System Engineering
Beth Johanssen — SysOp, Reactor Tech
Alex Vogel — Chemistry, Astrophysics

__________

Maia Watney is the seventh member of the Ares III crew, as well as the younger sister to Mark Watney.

Shortly after joining NASA, Maia—along with her brother—is selected to become a member of the Ares III crew. Her excitement regarding the mission blinds her from the potential dangers she, as well as the crew, could possibly face during their short stay upon the barren, red planet.

After losing her older brother in a storm upon the Martian surface, Maia is left with an unbearable pain and a desperate need to escape the horrors she wished to unsee. Ares III flight surgeon, Christopher Beck, seemed to be the only one who could provide her with such, even if just for a single moment at a time.

CAST
Willa Holland as Maia Watney
Matt Damon as Mark Watney
Sebastian Stan as Chris Beck
Jessica Chastain as Melissa Lewis
Michael Peña as Rick Martinez
Aksel Hennie as Alex Vogel
Kate Mara as Beth Johanssen

NOTE: I do my research when it comes to writing stuff like this, because I'm very OCD about my writing, so there will probably be a lot of scientific terms and such that some may not understand. My character is a computer geek and a mechanical engineer, and those aren't titles you can just write random stuff for, so sorry if you read and come across something you don't understand.

SIDE NOTE: Because of the amount of research I do put into this kinda stuff, it won't be updated like my other stories have been, so I hope you don't mind. I will try to update as much as I possibly can, though.

DISCLAIMER: I do not own The Martian or any plot, character, or setting affiliated with The Martian. I only own my original characters and plots. All rights to The Martian go to book author Andy Weir and movie director Ridley Scott.