Ch•12- Simple

A/N: We have 8 chapters left of this book! I can't believe it, we've come this far together! Thank you for being apart of it. This Avengers story is probably the most fun I've had with this book, Jessi being able to meet the Avengers is an idea I've been waiting to write about since I started. We have many more stories to come guys, thanks for everything.

     I've lost people before. It feels like a band-aid being peeled off extra slowly. My heart took awhile to heal from the loss of my Mother, but it was almost complete. My heart was almost whole again, but then Coulson died.

     The same knife struck my heart, causing it shatter apart once again. Who knows if it will heal this time. No less then thirty minutes ago he was alive and walking me down to Loki's cell. He was right there with me. I smiled at him and he smiled at me. Now he's gone.

     The Doctors carried his body away and out of sight. He was gone for real this time. This isn't one of those times when he disappears for a year and then shows up at my house out of nowhere. He's not coming back this time, he's not showing up at my door step anymore.

    Phil is gone, dead. There's a blood stain on the metal wall where he last was to prove it. I was sitting right there with him. I could have done something, I should have done something! I should have found him before going to the control room. Maybe if I was there, he wouldn't have died. He was all alone.

    It's just like Mom. I wasn't there for her when she left. I was in school. That morning before school was the last time I would ever see her alive. I failed.

December 16, 2008

    "Jessi! Hurry up kiddo!" A blonde haired woman stood in the sunny kitchen, dicing up tomatoes for dinner later that night. Of course it wasn't any normal blonde women, it was my Mom. She had her hair tied up in a loose bun, looking like some kind of supermodel.

     I poked my head around the corner and peered in to the kitchen, a Nerf-gun was clutched tightly in my hand. I studied her as she cut the tomatoes, she was always good with a knife. Every food she ever cut looked perfect "Jessi! Where are you?" She called, not taking her eyes off the fruit.

    "Haha!" I jumped out from the hallway and landed in the kitchen. The Nerf gun was held out in front of me "gotchu! Say your prayers Hook!" I fired the foam ammo right at her exposed arm. The suction materiel on the end stuck to her elbow.

    "Very funny Jessi" Mom set the knife down and removed her apron. Her bright blonde hair cascaded down her shoulders and her bangs covered her blue eyes which were similar to mine "but" her arm disappeared behind her back "I believe that it is I that has got you!" She laughed evilly, pulling out a small pocket sized Nerf-gun and fired directly at my head.

     I didn't have time to duck, the foam bullet hit me dead in between the eyes. Her aim was perfect! How does she always do that?! "Looks like I win"

She blew on the barrel of the gun and placed her hand on his hip.

    "Next time" I pouted and put the gun down on the kitchen table "How did you get so good at that?" I asked, taking a bite of my cereal.

"Momma's got a a lot of training" she joked, or it sounded like she joked.

    "Really?" I raised an eyebrow, amusement filled my blue eyes "are you some kind of Super Spy or something?" I laughed out loud.

     Mom chuckled and turned back to her tomato. The knife cut each slice perfectly. Mom always jokes about stuff like that. All she is, is a flower shop worker "something like that"