[4] 5 Star Restaurant

YES, Aimee is Avery's daughter and YES Avery lied about that.

Hope that wasn't confusing!

And totally freaking out because the votes thing has the big red lettering yay I love you guys :*

Happy reading!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Avery Holmes

I was told from a young age that lying is deceitful and wrong. And I knew it, too, but in that moment, I couldn't help myself. Standing in front of me was one of the most famous people in the world, although I didn't have a clue as to why he'd be here, and I'd lied to his face.

But before you think I'm a rotten person, you have to look at it from my perspective. Here was this incredibly successful twenty year old who had it all- the fame, the fortune, and the looks. And then there was me- a shame to her parents and a lost cause because she got knocked up at seventeen. There was no way in hell I was going to admit that I was a teen mom. I couldn't do it.

For the next three hours, the three of us sat in front of the television watching The Simpsons. And I couldn't help but wonder what was going through Niall's head- was he onto me all along and decided to spend time with us as a charity case, or was he genuinely enjoying himself?

I didn't know which one it was, and I didn't know if I even wanted to know.

"Why they yellow?" Aimee asked Niall, sitting up on his lap. He laughed and shrugged.

"I dunno hon, why aren't you yellow?" He replied. Aimee gave him a frown, unable to give him an answer. I thought it was adorable how they both bonded so quickly, and it surprised me, really. Because of Jake, Aimee didn't respond well to men and was afraid of them, but it was different with him and I just couldn't tell why.

"She's adorable." Niall smiled, scooting over to my side of the couch and watching Aimee as she went and gathered up some more cookies- God knows how many she'd eaten by now. I blushed and nodded.

"Well, thank you. I'm surprised that she's taken such a liking to you, actually." I admitted with a shrug.

"I have my way with toddlers, I guess." Niall chuckled, looking back at the television. "So where's your parents, aren't they worried about where Aimee is?" He raised his eyebrow in curiosity and I mentally cursed myself for getting into this mess.

"Er... they went out for a bit. But they trust me with her, it's okay." I lied swiftly, although my heart was still pounding. He nodded and turned his attention back to the screen. I watched as he snuck a cookie from Aimee and bit into it. As soon as he did, his face puckered up like he'd just eaten something really sour.

"These taste like cardboard." He cringed, throwing it into the trashcan. I giggled and shook my head.

"Guess you haven't tried the finger sandwiches then, yet." I said, glancing over at the food table. "It's all rubbish over there, I don't even know why my dau-" I paused, my face heating up for a moment. "I don't know why my sister likes them."

Niall nodded and laughed, and I could feel myself sigh with relief.

Good save, Avery.

"Is hat what you're planning on eatin' for supper?" He asked, raising his eyebrow. I shrugged and bit my lip, I really hadn't thought about dinner yet or what I was supposed to feed Aimee and for what money.

"I guess so. My... parents are out for the night, so I'll just figure something out." I lied. He frowned, clearly deep in thought, then glanced over at Aimee, who was giggling along with the show. I doubted that she even knew the jokes, because they were mostly inappropriate and I barely understood them.