e.

I stood in the mirror, fixing my jacket when I heard the room door creak. I looked back, seeing Kaylee peeking through the crack. I smiled, opening the door completely.

" You look nice. " she complimented me.

" Thank you, and so do you. I love your long pretty hair. " I tickled her.

" And I like your teeth. " she pointed, giggling.

I chomped my teeth, making her laugh. I walked her back downstairs, going into the kitchen to grab a bottle of water. I sat her down on the kitchen counter.

" Can you tell me why you guys ran away from home? " she nodded.

" Hold on, Bri! " I heard D'wight yell. He walked into the kitchen, looking at me, lifting his eyebrow.

" Promise me that you won't tell anyone. " she whisperex. D'wight looked at me, giving her his full attention.

" What happened? "

" Mommy beats us. She said that Jarih was a mistake, and so was I. She screamed at us, and locked us in our room without food. " she stopped. It looked like she was about to cry, hell, I was about to cry.

" Kaylee, wh-why are you just now telling us this? " D'wight caressed her cheek.

" Because I didn't want you to send us back. I don't want to go back, I don't. " she shook her head, quickly.

" No, princess, you are never going back. Terrell and I were thinking of ways to make this your permanent home. " he told her.

" Are you sure about this? " I asked him. He quickly looked at me.

" Terrell, didn't you just hear what the girl said? "

" Yeah, but you don't think a foster home would be best? " I suggested, quickly regretting every word.

" How could you be so selfish, what's the problem? " he asked, but I said nothing. " Have fun, and be safe. " he picked her up, walking out of the kitchen and into the front room.

I walked out a few minutes later, going over to where he sat. I tried giving him a kiss on his cheek, but he moved away. His friends gasped, looking at us. He looked at me, and I knew exactly what he was saying. I sighed, walking out of the front door and getting into the car with William.

" Damn, what's wrong with you, son? " he asked me, dapping me up.

" Nothing man, let's just turn up. A nigga's interview went great, and I'm happy. " I told him.

" Now tat's some shit worth celebrating. " he pulled off, heading to the club.

When we got there, we were instantly let in. We were pretty popular in this city, if I do say so myself. We went to the V.I.P. section, sitting down. The drinks instantly came pouring in, but I declined. When I drink, I become a depressed mess, and that's not what I need right now. I sat down on the sofa, bobbing my head to the music that blasted through the speakers. I looked at the entrance, squinting my eyes at the boy who walked over to the bar. He looked exactly like D'wight: same height, body frame, complexion. I got up, quickly walking over to the bar, to see him leaning on it. It was D'wight. I quickly walked over to him.

" Bae, I'm sorry. I just... " he turned around. It's not D'wight.

" Excuse me? " he blushed, slightly.

" Damn, my bad. I thought you were somebody else. " I apoligized.

" It's okay. Boyfriend problems? " he asked.

" Not really, I just said something that I shouldn't have. " I shrugged, shoving my hands into my pockets.

" Nothing a shot can't cure, right? " he folded his arms.

" I really shouldn't be drinking. " I resisted.

" Oh, come on, it's on me. " he ordered the shot, and the bartender slid it to him. " What do you say? "

I took the tiny glass to my mouth, gulping the shot. I hissed as the alcohol burned my throat, but it felt so good. I started tossing them back to back, quickly finding myself in the expected situation. My vision was very blurry, and I couldn't even stand up straight.

" Yo, Terrell? Terrell? Man, D'wight is going to kill both of our asses, man. " William spoke.