twenty two

Jungkook p.o.v

I pray to You,

--

"W-what are you trying to say?" I spoke bewilderingly.

Jimin stepped closer and and retrieved the blue coat which was draped on the chair. Before he could put it on, I grabbed his wrist and pulled it down, letting the coat fall.

"I asked you what you said, Jimin." I gritted.

Jimin didn't say anything. He looked down at his wrist which I held so urgently. My own eyes travelled from his eyes to the wrist I gripped and saw,

a purple and silver bracelet.

I stared at it longer to read the words which inscribed the metal;

Park Jimin, 27,

[Alzheimer's]

I felt my eyes widen and I felt myself being torn apart. No. It couldn't be. Not my Jimin. But sure enough, his name was there alongside the number which you could call to confirm.

"It's true," Jimin said as if he could read my thoughts.

"I'm forgetting everything, Kookie," he said with a sad smile.

"Words, dates, people, memories, a-and I want to leave before I forget you as well," he quietly confessed.

I couldn't utter the words which screamed in all the parts of my organs. I knew fucking well enough what Alzheimer's was. But I never knew that our love would be cursed with this horrible fate.

"My body is slowly shutting down," Jimin's voice wavered.

He lifted his hand to pry my fingers away from wrist and said,

"and am already in the dying process."

A tear fell down my cheek as I thought about the various infections or organ failure which would happen one day.

"Jungkook, I'll inevitably die," he shook.

Anger sparked inside me.

"And so will I." My voice finally spoke.

"And so will these trees, and so will these flowers and so will these leaves..."

"Dying is fucking inevitable, Jimin! I'm damn aware of that! But God, don't leave before that happens!" I screamed out.

"I'll spend each of my last second with you, each of my last heartbeat with you. I'm not afraid of dying, Jimin, if it means I would be able to die loving you!" I shook with ragged sobs.

My head hung and my fingers curled against his chest, shoulders sagging with the cries that escaped my ragged throat. Jimin brought his lips to my cheek, bringing his own wet cheek as well.

"But Jungkook,"

he kissed my cheek and continued,

"I hope I die before I forget you."

I lifted my face to meet his, noses practically touching.

"Jimin," I croaked out. God, I'm not letting you go.

"When I sketched you in black and white, I sketched out my heart," I softly brushed back his hair which clung near his eyebrows.

"But when I painted you, I painted the walls and the veins of my heart, dipping in my paintbrush, painting the love I came to accept." I spoke.

Jimin bit his lip to prevent anymore tears before he said,

"You have to let me go,"

and that was enough.

Enough for me to recoil and pick up the painting and smash it to the ground.

Enough for me to pick up the paint bottles and show him.

I picked up a yellow and red bottle and threw it against the painting, bursts of orange now smearing it.

"Yellow means happiness! And red means love! But fucking put those two together and you get orange, passion!" I yelled.

And then, I picked up the blue bottle with crushing fingers and threw that as well to the painting of Jimin I refused to keep if he left.

"Blue's sadness mixes with red's love, giving you purple's hope!" I screeched the words like a man man, a man madly in love.

The studio was now practically dark, the sun stealing its final red shades from the walls, but I won't let it steal the red colour of our hearts.

I picked up the darkest pigment of all, the one where so many of us feared to wear because of stupid and stereotypical labels that would be spat at us.

And I threw that against the painting of Jimin which had previously still been view able, bursts of colour that had illuminated his features more, but as soon as the dark pigment spread itself on the painting, his face had dispersed.

"But then fucking comes along black's fear and you can't see any other colour beneath it. Jimin, stop fearing!"

I ran to Jimin and cupped his cheeks with my trembling hands, not letting his facade disappear.

"It can't change anything!" I begged.

Tears finally had escaped Jimin's eyes which he tried so hard to hold back. But seeing the person he loved fighting for their love whispered that it was okay.

"So please," I softly breathed,

"let's use white and start anew."

And next thing I felt were Jimin's lips pressed on mine and I knew,

I fucking knew,

that Jimin agreed as well.

Searing hot fire spread across my body and he pressed himself harder on to me, wanting to feel each and every part of me that I used to hide. We were lost and had found each other again.

His tongue had snaked in my mouth, exploring my sweet and soft cavern and I felt myself buckle underneath his dominance. He traced his fingers along my collarbones and nibbled on my lower lip. My hands moved under his shirt, feeling the soft stomach of his and warm chest which was beating erratically.

He broke the kiss for air and whispered,

"I can see words on your lips."

I pressed my lips to his forehead and then whispered into his ear,

"I can hear colours from your lips."

And I knew that Jimin would be staying, for a while.

--

don't take him away