Ch•14- Aliens

A/N: The San Diego Comic-Con is going on and here I am, sitting at home being a loser because I can't afford to hop on a plane and go. All of my favs are there, and all I can do is watch videos about it. Life is great!

    "Stark says that Selvig is on top of the Tower!" Clint spoke over the roaring noise of the Quinjet. He had a head set on over his ears. Natasha sat right beside him and I sat in the seat behind her, strapped in. Steve was standing and holding on to the arm grips attached to the ceiling "and he has some kind of pure energy CMS device which is holding the Tesseract"

"Is that bad?" I asked, hoping that he heard me over the noise.

   "Not sure yet lil Stark!" Barton called back "but it's impenetrable so that's not a good sign"

    I could see through the clouds now, but barely. A large, radiant blue light was piercing the sky in the distance. It looked like blue fire shooting up in to the air "That's really not a good sign" I pointed out.

    Cap stood beside my seat, looking horrified with what we were witnessing. And if Captain America looks scared, then you know a situation is bad.

    "So that's why Loki needed the cube" Natasha made the correlation. She didn't even look concerned with the blue fire vortex of doom. It rose several hundred feet above Stark Tower. A large circle was expanding above tower. Was that freaking outer space in that growing circle?! "aaand there's the Army"
Dozens of small specks appeared from the circle which I now see as a portal. Loki had opened up a portal above New York and summoned an Army to destroy us. God he's so annoying. I don't know how Thor dealt with him when they were growing up.

     As we got closer and closer, the portal seemed to gain in size. The Aliens seemed larger up close as well and they were flying extremely close to the Jet. I closed my eyes tight when it seemed like they were about to ram right in to the front window. Some of them bumped against the sides, causing us to jolt. We came soaring in to the center of the city where the tower was.

     Below us, people scrambled to get away from the fight, cars were already flipped and even some buildings were already burning "Stark!" Nat called to Dad using the comm link "we're heading North East"

     "What, did you stop for drive-thru?" Dad seemed out of breath. He must already be battling the Aliens. "Swing up PARK, I'm gonna lay 'em out for you. And do you happen to know where Jessica might be?"

     Natasha looked back to me, not knowing what to say. I slid my fingers along my throat, giving her a desperate 'Don't tell my Dad' face. She nodded, getting the message "We left her back on the Carrier, safe and sound"

"Good" he said "she'd probably just get in the way of things"

     "SAY THAT TO MT FACE, YOU LIMP NOODLE!" I sprang from my seat and yelled in to the Jets comm, then I immediately regretted that decision. Everyone on board was staring at me.

    "Jessica" Dad sounded like he didn't have time to be irritated "if we survive this, remind me to ground you"

    I blew a puff of air out of my lips and plopped back in to my seat "maybe I should have stayed at base"

    Outside the window was the Tower. Aliens streamed out from the portal above, shooting their weapons all around. This battle was already getting out of control. Nat released one of those heavy cannons attached to the Jet and fired at the Aliens. Dad flew by in his suit, being chased by the aliens.

     I gripped the arm rests of the seat, trying my hardest not to be sick from all the motion. Barton pulled up on the steering handle, sending us up in to the air through a cloud of smoke. The aliens were flying around in some small ugly looking ships. Nat shot down some more and then we flew up to the top of Stark Tower.

     We all noticed Thor on the Terrace of the tower. His bright red cape was mixing together with a green one. Loki was there. Thor was fighting Loki on my house! He better not break anything in my room. Clint turned the Jet so we were now facing the two brothers and aimed the cannons directly at Loki.

     Loki gave a quick punch at Thor and aimed his scepter right at the Jet. The end of the spear began to glow before a bolt of blue energy shot out, heading straight for us.

     The force of the blast hit us on the right wing. I covered my eyes with my hands, bracing for the impact of the crash. The Jet spiraled to the ground, hitting the sides of the tower. I bounced around inside my seat harness, fearing that it might come undone. Steve didn't have a harness to hold on to so he was fumbling around in the back.

     My body lunged forward in the seat as the Jet crashed landed. I swear Steve fell on me like six times when the Jet finally slid to a halt. I had my eyes closed until I heard Nat and Barton removing their belts.

     "Come on, Jessi" Nat pushed me out of the Jets open hatch and we all piled on to the street. Everything was starting to fall apart. Cars were abandoned, people were screaming, kids were crying, buildings were falling apart. Alien ships were soaring over head, firing down on the civilians. Thor and Loki could still be seen battling from all the way down here.

    The portal looked even more menacing from down here. Hundreds and hundreds of aliens were just pouring out at a rapid rate.

    Steve starting running down the street towards the Tower. I was behind him, running to keep up and Clint was behind me, readying his bow and arrow. Nat was behind him making sure that everyone stayed together.

     "We've got to get back up there!" Steve called but started to slow down. I ran right in to him, and was almost about to snap at him for pausing right in front of me, but then I saw what he was gawking at. A low rumbled seemed to be taking over the planet, and it was coming from the Portal.

    Something that looked like a monstrous sized Sea eel was slithering out of the portal. It flew down towards earth with maybe thousands of Aliens behind it. The monster destroyed everything its body touched because the massive size.

     I felt my breath hitch up in my throat and I nudged Steve's arm "I- I don't like that"
The thing glided un-gracefully over top of our heads. It shot off aliens from its snake-like torso. I don't think it was a life form, more of an animal-like carrier for the aliens. The aliens shot out from the monster, landing on the sides of buildings. Nat loaded her gun, prepared to shoot.

"lil Stark" Barton pointed towards the tower "time to go"

"Oh, uh..." I darted my eyes back and fourth from the Team to the tower "right"