Chapter 39: Love, War, and I'm Sorry

Lucy's POV

After we had all gotten situated in the bunker.. or should I call it a giant basement with 7 different  rooms. This place is massive!

Anyways, all of us injured patients got situated and Dr. Jameson had gotten to work on grandma. I hope she's going to be okay. Kayden, Sean, and I got separate rooms and mine is the best! 

I know there's a war going on outside, but I'm trying to stay positive

I know there's a war going on outside, but I'm trying to stay positive. I was chilling, yet slightly panicking because of gang stuff, when I heard a soft knock at the door.

"Come in," I sang, as Wesley appeared in the doorway. My heart skipped a beat, as I took in his distraught yet sexy look. His disheveled hair was cute and sexy at the same time. His blueish green eyes were a tad darker than usual, but I bet he's just tired from the day. And don't even get me started on the rest of him.... Oh lord....I need to calm down, and ask mom if we can go to church on Sunday...

"Hey Wesley," I squeaked, and cleared my throat. He came in, and closed the door behind him.

"Hey," He smiled, and walked over to my bedside, "How are feeling?"

"Better," I replied, "How are you?"

"Good, I guess," He sighed, and scratched the back of his neck. He looked extremely nervous, but could you blame him? I mean, with everything that's been happening lately I'd be nervous too. 

"Penny for your thoughts?" I questioned, and motioned for him to sit down. He sat down next to me on the bed, and started to drum his fingers on the side table.

"I think I'm gonna leave Silver Creek," He breathed, and looked at me. My eyes widened, and I leaned forward a bit.

"What? Why?" I frowned, and felt my heart breaking.

"There's nothing here for me anymore," He admitted, "My sister's dead, and I'm pretty sure Butch is gonna die too. I just....need to get away."

"What about Kayden, Hunter, Drew, and Sean?" I pointed out, "They'd be devastated if you left."

"They'd get over it," He replied, "They have people who will be there for them. I don't." When he said that I wanted to scream I CARE ABOUT YOU!!! PLEASE DON"T LEAVE ME!! But I didn't.

"Wes we'll all be there for you," I stated quietly, "We're all a family."

"I know but," He paused, "I just don't think I can handle all of this gang stuff."

"I know it's a lot to take in but," I paused, "Please don't leave." He looked at me, and stayed silent.

"Give me a reason to stay," He whispered, still looking me in the eye. Before I could come up with something, words flew out of my mouth and there was no stopping them.

"Because I need you," I replied quietly. Hoping he hadn't heard, my eyes widened, and I covered my mouth. Wesley's eyebrows raised, and he looked surprised.