Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Graduation & Wedding

Tomorrow is graduation and I'm not feeling so well. I've been feeling sick this past week. Marco, Andy and I have stayed home for the past week because there's no need to go to school if we don't have anymore work to turn it. Since I helped Marco with work throughout the school year, he's turned in everything. Andy has always done good so he was fine.

I laid in bed looking at my ceiling. I don't want to get up, afraid I'll get sick again. There's a trashcan beside my bed just incase.

"Feeling any better?" Marco asked as he came into the room, Bella and Jason beside him with sippy-cups.

"A little, but I'm afraid to get up."

"I hope you feel better by tomorrow. It would suck for you to be sick on graduation."

"I really hate being sick like this. The last time I felt like this, I was pregnant with the twins."
"Well you're definitely not pregnant. I mean, you've been taking the pill, right?"
"Of course." I lied. I've actually skipped these past few months since I've been so preoccupied with school work and wedding planning.

"Well your mom thinks we should start moving some things into the house. We have everything packed up, we just have to move it."

"You and Andy do it. I'm not up for it today."

"Fine. I'll leave Bells and Jason here with you."

After a while I got up and brought Bella and Andy downstairs. Marco and Andy took a lot of boxes with them, using both of their cars. I left Jason and Bella to play and went into the kitchen to talk to my mom.

"Hey honey, are you feeling any better?" She asked me.

"Just a little, but..."

"But what?"
"I think I may be pregnant again."

"What?!" She sighed. "You're supposed to be on the pill."
"Well, I haven't taken it for a while. I've been busy with homework and wedding stuff. I don't know for sure, but the last time I was sick like this was when I was pregnant with the twins."

"How far along would you be?"
I thought back. "5 weeks. So I wouldn't be showing by now anyway."
"Have you told Marco?"

"No, I'm going to wait until I can be sure. Maybe after the wedding."

"Don't you think he'll be upset you kept this from him? And you'll be showing a little by then."

"Not enough for him to notice. It'll be fine."

After a while, Marco and Andy came back. Marco sighed and plopped onto the couch.

"You're feeling better?" He asked me.

"Just a little. I feel like it could come back at any time."

"I wish I could make it go away."
"It's fine." I sat down on the couch beside him. "I'm not looking forward to unpacking all of those boxes when we move in."
"Me either. You have a lot of things."
"And you don't?"
"Well most of my things burned along with my house."
After dinner, we put the twins to bed then got ready for bed ourselves. I slipped on shorts and a t-shirt and got into bed. Not long after, Marco climbed in after me.

"I don't think I can sleep." I muttered.

"Try." Marco said in a tired voice.

"How can you sleep when we graduate tomorrow? We're saying good-bye to high school forever."

"And that's a good thing. Now go to sleep, we have to wake up early tomorrow."
"Early for you."

The next morning, my alarm went off. I groaned and slowly opened my eyes. It's time to get up already? I was so nervous that I couldn't sleep last night. At least I'm not feeling sick today. Let's hope it stays this way so I won't be sick at graduation.